question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 1

LSEG Workspace Excel Addin - startup load failure from C# app

Hello

I try to open Excel workbook with LSEG Workspace COM addin from C# app but it fails to load addin on startup; while if I open same file manually addin loads correctly. please help me to open Excel file with workspace addin active through C#, thanks

workspace#technologyc#excel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.6k 20 6 9

@adriano_lapel Thanks for your question - as this seems to be an in-product excel issue (I think how to configure autoload for Workspace Excel add-in or similar) - I have opened case 13343143 on your behalf and someone will reach out to you shortly. Please let us know how you get on.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 0 0 1

Thanks, in meantime i solved the issue

icon clock
10 |1500

can you please share how you solved the issue. I have the same problem. Thanks

Upvotes
21 0 0 1

below sample code, you need to launch excel process and use marshaling, excel interop does not load correctly excel addin

var proc = Process.Start("excel.exe");
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application oExcelApp = null;
while (oExcelApp == null)
{
    try
    {
        oExcelApp = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application)System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetActiveObject("Excel.Application");
    }
    catch
    {
        System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(1000);
    }
}
excelApp.Workbooks.Open(...);

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.