question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

LSEG Workspace Excel Addin - startup load failure from C# app

Hello

I try to open Excel workbook with LSEG Workspace COM addin from C# app but it fails to load addin on startup; while if I open same file manually addin loads correctly. please help me to open Excel file with workspace addin active through C#, thanks

workspace#technologyc#excel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @adriano_lapel

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@adriano_lapel Thanks for your question - as this seems to be an in-product excel issue (I think how to configure autoload for Workspace Excel add-in or similar) - I have opened case 13343143 on your behalf and someone will reach out to you shortly. Please let us know how you get on.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 0 0 0

Thanks, in meantime i solved the issue

icon clock
10 |1500

can you please share how you solved the issue. I have the same problem. Thanks

Upvotes
21 0 0 0

below sample code, you need to launch excel process and use marshaling, excel interop does not load correctly excel addin

var proc = Process.Start("excel.exe");
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application oExcelApp = null;
while (oExcelApp == null)
{
    try
    {
        oExcelApp = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application)System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetActiveObject("Excel.Application");
    }
    catch
    {
        System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(1000);
    }
}
excelApp.Workbooks.Open(...);

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.