Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Cannot load the list of associated URLs from http://localhost:9060/api/rdp/streaming/pricing/v1/ for apis.streaming.pricing.endpoints.main endpoint.

Hi,

I am using the refinitiv.data package in python when running Eikon on my desktop. All functions seem to be working correctly (e.g rd.get_history() works fine) but when I use rd.get_data() i am getting this error:

Cannot load the list of associated URLs from http://localhost:9060/api/rdp/streaming/pricing/v1/ for apis.streaming.pricing.endpoints.main endpoint.

RDError: Error code -1 | Cannot load the list of associated URLs from http://localhost:9060/api/rdp/streaming/pricing/v1/ for apis.streaming.pricing.endpoints.main endpoint.

My configuration json seems to work fine considering it works for other functions and I also had used this function and snippet of code without a problem last week.

I am checking now if it is a network connectivity issue, but it seems weird for certain functions it would work but for get_data() it does not.

Example code:

import refinitiv.data as rd

import pandas as pd

import os

import eikon as ek

eikon_key = os.environ.get('EIKON_APP_KEY')

if eikon_key is None:

raise ValueError("EIKON_APP_KEY environment variable not found!")

ek.set_app_key(eikon_key)

##############################################################

import os

import eikon as ek

import pandas as pd

import refinitiv.data as rd

os.environ["refinitiv-data.config.json"] = "../../Configuration"

eikon_key = os.environ.get('EIKON_APP_KEY')

if eikon_key is None:

raise ValueError("EIKON_APP_KEY environment variable not found!")

ek.set_app_key(eikon_key)

from the refinitiv-data.config.json

{

"logs": {

"level": "debug",

"transports": {

"console": {

"enabled": false

},

"file": {

"enabled": false,

"name": "refinitiv-data-lib.log"

}

}

},

"sessions": {

"default": "desktop.workspace",

"platform": {

"rdp": {

"app-key": "EIKON_APP_KEY",

"username": "#########",

"password": "###########",

"signon_control": true

},

"deployed": {

"app-key": "EIKON_APP_KEY",

"realtime-distribution-system": {

"url" : "YOUR DEPLOYED HOST:PORT GOES HERE!",

"dacs" : {

"username" : "YOUR DACS ID GOES HERE!",

"application-id" : 256,

"position" : ""

}

}

}

},

"desktop": {

"workspace": {

"app-key": "EIKON_APP_KEY"

}

}

}

}

Please let me know if I can try to do something else that is not related to talking to my IT team. Thank you

eikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technology#productrefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Joshua.Weiss

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @Joshua.Weiss

There has been some account’s that have recently noticed access to streaming content has been denied. While the server team is presently investigating, things may be resolved if you reach out to the Helpdesk and request that you have the correct read permissions for streaming services. I believe this should resolve your issue while we wait to get more details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.