question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

Python Refintiv-Data Connection Problem RDError: Error code -1 |

Hi,

been using Refinitiv-Data for 2 Months now flawlessly after eikon-package didnt work anymore (been using it for >5y) in Python (3.7 at the moment), since yesterday getting below error.

RDError: Error code -1 | Cannot load the list of associated URLs from http://localhost:9060/api/rdp/streaming/pricing/v1/ for apis.streaming.pricing.endpoints.main endpoint.

Can you pls advice on the problem/solution pls ?

tx

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technology#productpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @berndm ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @berndm ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.3k 3 2 4

Thank you for testing, but it seems that other users are impacted and our support is investigating on same issue (side effect with changed permissions).
You should contact Eikon support and create a ticket to raise you're impacted too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

In the meantime, to isolate where the issue is coming from, could you run following script from Applications/Examples/RDP in a console (or in your IDE):

market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py

How to run the script:

c:\>python.exe market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py --user=<user login> --password=<password> --clientid=<app key> 
Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@berndm Thanks for your question and sorry to hear about your issue. Apols are you using the older refinitiv.data library? If so can you please share the API call you are trying? If you are using the older refinitiv-dataplatform library could you try using the newer refinitv-data library:

pip install refinitiv-data

One thing to note is that you will not have access to those streaming prices endpoints directly from RDP with a desktop license as those require a platform session and credentials.The streaming service for desktop users is a slightly different service which is not exposed directly as an RDP endpoint.

For desktop streaming you can use Codebook App (type codebk into Eikon search bar) and following the streaming examples under Examples/01. Data Retrieval and Discovery/01.01 Refinitiv Data Library

Access__Pricing_Stream.ipynb

Content__Pricing_Streaming_Cache.ipynb

Content__Pricing_Streaming_Chain_Cache.ipynb

Content__Pricing_Streaming_Chain_Events.ipynb

Content__Pricing_Streaming_Chain.ipynb

Content__Pricing_Streaming_Events.ipynb

Content__Pricing_Streaming_News.ipynb

Delivery__OMM_Stream_Market_Price.ipynb

You can also find these and more examples in the examples section of the following github repo.

Please let us know if this is of use. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.3k 3 2 4

HI @berndm,

As you may know, Python 3.7 is no longer supported and this could introduce issues with dependencies that are no more maintained for this version, especially with bug fixes.

I recommend to upgrade at least to Python 3.8 and refresh your install with this command:
pip install refinitiv-data --no-cache-dir --force-reinstall

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

Thanks for reverting Jason and PF. Using the 1.6 Library (newest Refintiv-data library as I understand, up till yesterday used 1.5.1 => no difference in terms of the problem though).

I use Python 3.7 but also set up a 3.8 environment for the sake of exluding any implications of a not supported Python Version.

There is no difference in outcome. Sampe problem/error message.

Using conda as packaging system (conda install/update refinitiv-data).

Using a session with a session-API-key to initialize...which is the right approach Id assume ( as said this worked for 2 months..). It seems, given there is a server access error message that sth went wrong (or has there been a very recent change in the backend?)

app_id="XXX" (not showing the app ID here obviously)

import refinitiv.data as ek

from refinitiv.data import session

session = ek.session.desktop.Definition(app_key =app_id).get_session()

session.open()

ek.open_session()

==> thats ow me and my team used this.

Additionally, I just checked on the above Giuthub repo and the code snippets:

eg.:

import refinitiv.data as rd

rd.open_session()

rd.get_data(['LSEG.L', 'VOD.L'])

==> No result, same error message instead

An error occurred while requesting URL('http://localhost:9060/api/rdp/streaming/pricing/v1/').

ReadTimeout('timed out')

Cannot load the list of associated URLs from http://localhost:9060/api/rdp/streaming/pricing/v1/ for apis.streaming.pricing.endpoints.main endpoint.

I just got this email now via your helpdesk: "The above user has lost access to streaming services on the desktop as a result" ... ==> I assume you have triggered this?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi @berndm

I believe you may be experiencing permission issues in the backend as a result of some change that is currently under investigation. I've submitted a ticket on your behalf: 13350297.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

Thanks for supporting this. Indeed was linked to a genreal EIKON backend problem rather than local issue. Works now again.

tx

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.