question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 2

Where do I consume from?

Hello,

I have built linux tutorial Consumer example from

Real-Time-SDK-master/Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/Consumer/100_Series/100_MP_Streaming

This is from the tutorial code:

AppClient client;

OmmConsumer consumer( OmmConsumerConfig().host( "localhost:14002" ).username( "user" ) );

consumer.registerClient( ReqMsg().serviceName( "DIRECT_FEED" ).name( "IBM.N" ), client );

My Consumer comes up using supplied EmaConfig.xml.

I am getting errors: Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_1... etc.

We have no Provider/Publisher for the serviceName DIRECT_FEED.

Where do I get the data for this example? Is there RMD serviice I can get my data from for this?

Thanks, Vlad.

#technologyema-apic++tutorial
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vladislav.tolmachyov

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.8k 54 17 14

Hello @vladislav.tolmachyov

As mentioned on the RTSDK C/C++ (EMA/ETA) Quick Start page, the Cons100 example requires a deployed RTDS in your environment. Please contact your Market Data team administrator (or LSEG representative) to provide you a RTDS IP, RSSL Port, username and service name detail.

Alternatively, the Cons100 example can connect to the OMM Interactive Provider application too.

If you do not have OMM Interactive Provider application or deployed RTDS in your environment, you can run the Interactive Provider example application such as the IProv100 in the SDK package as the server instead.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.