Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
0 0 0 1

Retrieving historical bid-ask quotes for bonds

Is it possible to retrieve historical values for the fields "PRIMACT_1" (bid) and "SEC_ACT_1" (ask)? Currently i can only manage to retrieve the live value from those fields through the eikon API. I currently use R for this, but i could also use python, if there is better support for the API there.

#productapi#contentpython apihistoricalbonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @ss01 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thank you,

AHS

Upvotes
5.2k 16 2 7

Hi @ss01 ,

You can use RD Libraries for python:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
rd.get_history('594918BB9=')

This will return all available pricing fields for the instrument:

screenshot-2024-04-19-at-140808.png

Then you can use the field parameter to specify fields if you want to:

rd.get_history('594918BB9=', fields=['BID', "ASK"])

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you, i got the same output using the Cusip from the bond in your example. I tried the get_history function on some norwegian bonds, and got no outputs. Is get_history not available for norwegian bonds, and if it is, what do i use as identifier? Since Cusip does not exist on them.
Upvote
5.2k 16 2 7

Hi @ss01 ,

It should be available for Norwegian bonds as well, I would suggest using RIC though. You can convert CUSIP to RIC using Symbology conversion capabilities of the Library- Example.DataLibrary.Python/Examples/2-Content/2.05-Symbology/EX-2.05.01-Symbology.ipynb at main · LSEG-API-Samples/Example.DataLibrary.Python (github.com)

If you will still have any issues, feel free to provide a couple of CUSIPs I will try on my end as well.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you, when i used the Symbology conversion to convert Isin to RIC, it worked.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.