question

Upvotes
Accepted
29 1 1 4

Retrieve all available fields in rd.content.search

Hi all,

I'm trying to search for some information using the refintiv.data.content.search module

I know there a re a lot of available fields that you can search for or use to filter. However is there a way of searching for all available fields ? Like this :

response = rd.content.search.Definition(
    view=rd.content.search.Views.SEARCH_ALL,
    filter = "ISIN eq 'DE0008467416'",
select = "*",
    top = 1000).get_data()
response.data.df

Something similar to the " * " synthax in SQL to get all available fields.

Thank you !

#technologypython apidatasearch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
7k 18 2 8

Hi @adam.leroux ,

As much as I know, there is no option to get all fields, where you are using filter. However, you can requests all fields from the view as below:

response = search.metadata.Definition(
    view = search.Views.SEARCH_ALL
).get_data()

response.data.df

There are two strategies, which always help me with the challenge you are having:

1. My colleagues article here (Build queries easily using Refinitiv's Search API with Python and Jupyter | Devportal (lseg.com)) is very handy to search for available fields for a specific request.

2. Building the search query via Advanced Search App in Workspace, add the columns I am interested in and exporting the query as code. The below screenshots may help to navigate: screenshot-2024-07-15-at-100156.png

screenshot-2024-07-15-at-100329.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.