question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

How to connect to TREP using EMA

Hi,

The company where i'm working on are using E.T 2.0 application. my user what to get rates just like what they see in ET 2.0 application. After we discus with thomsonereuters representative in my country they suggest you can connect to TREP using EMA.

I have already download this Elektron-SDK1.0.8.java_0.zip, how to start new EMA project? what lib to include to create new java project? and how do i have to manage my project folder structure?

Thanks in advance.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hi @geoffrey.laurens

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is one of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @geoffrey.laurens,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @geoffrey.laurens

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @geoffrey.laurens

You can start with:

• Quick Start - It explains setup and configuration, build and run the consumer example application in EMA package.
  • EMA Consumer Tutorials - It explains how to establish an EMA build environment, develop EMA application to consume data step by step with the example source code.

For account/server information that your EMA application should connect to, please contact Thomson Reuters account team/representative.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Ok, i will try it first. Thanks Pimchaya.Wongrukun

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Hi Everyone/@Pimchaya.Wongrukun

I'm following tutorial EMA Cunsomer, when i try to run "example100__MarketPrice__Streaming.ksh", i got this error. What am i missing? Thanks.

Mar 08, 2017 4:03:11 PM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ConfigErrorTracker log
INFO: loggerMsg
ClientName: EmaConfig
Severity: Info
Text: reading configuration file [EmaConfig.xml] from [/app/ret/permatabank/Elektron-SDK1.0.8.java/Ema/Src/examples]
loggerMsgEnd

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:635)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:411)
at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient.reactorChannelEventCallback(ChannelCallbackClient.java:366)
at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.sendChannelEventCallback(Reactor.java:721)
at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.sendAndHandleChannelEventCallback(Reactor.java:730)
at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.processChannelUp(Reactor.java:2137)
at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.processWorkerEvent(Reactor.java:1980)
at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.Reactor.dispatchChannel(Reactor.java:1403)
at com.thomsonreuters.upa.valueadd.reactor.ReactorChannel.dispatch(ReactorChannel.java:426)
at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.rsslReactorDispatchLoop(OmmBaseImpl.java:1002)
at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.handleLoginReqTimeout(OmmBaseImpl.java:878)
at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl.handleAdminDomains(OmmConsumerImpl.java:359)
at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmBaseImpl.initialize(OmmBaseImpl.java:226)
at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.OmmConsumerImpl.<init>(OmmConsumerImpl.java:33)
at com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(EmaFactory.java:158)
at com.thomsonreuters.ema.examples.training.consumer.series100.example100__MarketPrice__Streaming.Consumer.main(Consumer.java:57)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

attached consumer code

consumer.png (31.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @geoffrey.laurens

I can reproduce the problem by connecting to TREP which does not provide component version. After EMA connects to TREP, it tries to get TREP component version. If it fails, the exception is thrown.

According to EMA README, it requires TREP 2.4 or higher. Hence, your TREP should be upgraded or you should connect to another TREP which version is 2.4 or higher.

icon clock
10 |1500

Should i download lower version of EMA lib?

Hello @geoffrey.laurens
No. All EMA versions require TREP 2.4 or higher. I have checked TREP product and found that TREP2.4 has been end of life(no longer supported) as well. Hence, you should upgrade your TREP to version 2.5 or higher.

I already ask thomsonereuters representative in my country about the TREP version, he said that my company using TREP 2.4. It means, i even can't downgrade the EMA library to lower version? If that so, then i will discuss it first with them...

Show more comments
Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Hi,

If documentation(README) said this that it means no problem right if i am using this downloaded EMA api to connect to TREP 2.4?

---------------------------------------------------------
Enterprise Platform for Real-Time - RSSL/RWF connections
---------------------------------------------------------
- ADS 2.4 or higher
- ADH 2.4 or higher

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @geoffrey.laurens

Yes. I can use EMA to connect to TREP 2.4 and get data. EMA can get ADS version and data:

Mar 13, 2017 10:40:48 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback
INFO: loggerMsg
    ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
    Severity: Info
    Text:    Received ChannelUp event on channel Channel_1
    Instance Name Consumer_1_1
    Component Version ads2.4.0.L1.solaris.rrg 32-bit
loggerMsgEnd

RefreshMsg
    streamId="5"
    domain="MarketPrice Domain"
    solicited
    RefreshComplete
    state="Open / Ok / None / 'All is well'"
    itemGroup="00 01"
    permissionData="03 0f d7 65 62 c0"
    name="TRI.N"
    serviceId="4055"
    serviceName="API_BOMBAY_RDF"
    Payload dataType="FieldList"
        FieldList FieldListNum="79" DictionaryId="1"
            FieldEntry fid="1" name="PROD_PERM" dataType="UInt" value="6562"
            FieldEntry fid="2" name="RDNDISPLAY" dataType="UInt" value="64"
            FieldEntry fid="3" name="DSPLY_NAME" dataType="Rmtes" value="THOMSON REUTERS"
            FieldEntry fid="4" name="RDN_EXCHID" dataType="Enum" value="2"
            FieldEntry fid="6" name="TRDPRC_1" dataType="Real" value="43.19"
            FieldEntry fid="7" name="TRDPRC_2" dataType="Real" value="43.19"

You can check ADS version by running adsmon on ADS machine. Then, select "Process Statistics", the releaseVersion which EMA get is shown:

However, if ADS version is lower than 2.4 which EMA does not support.

"Process Statistics" of ADS does not have the releaseVersion:

ads240l1.png (47.1 KiB)
ads21.png (39.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Sorry Pimchaya.Wongrukun,

I just get an update from thomsonereuters representative in my country, he said that my company are using TREP version 2.2. So i can't test this example. He said they will upgrade TREP to 2.6. Sorry for the mistake. Thanks by the way.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.