question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Extremely slow and inconsistent API

rd.get_data(batch,["TR.RIC","TR.ISIN","TR.PriceClose(SDate=0M,Curn=INR)","TR.CLOSEPRICE(SDate=0M,FILL=PREVIOUS,Adjusted=0,Curn=INR)","TR.SharesOutstanding(SDate=0M)",'TR.GICSSector','TR.GICSIndustry','TR.GICSSubIndustry','TR.AssetCategory'])

I have a variable ric_list which contains approx 2k RICs.
In the above code, I try to fetch the RICs in batches with each batch being split in sets of 100 or 200 using a for loop implementation.
After a while I keep on facing timeout issues.

For instance the first three batches get executed in say 1.5 minutes, but later the code gets stuck and there is no response at all for approx 15-20 mins. It might run after that or it might fail.

Also it randomly returns Blank Values for cases even where there is a retrievable value.

I have also noticed that for some reason the InstrumentID gets returned with Capital on. e.g. BRKb.OQ becomes BRKB.OQ. Is there a way to fix this please/

Would appreciate the help as it is affecting my workflow.

python#technologyrefinitiv-data-librarieserror-400time-out
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.