question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 1 1 8

Query about OmmConsumer Channel Switching Notifications

I have a question regarding the OmmConsumer functionality in EMA, specifically about channel switching notifications.

As I understand from the Configuration Guide, when configuring ChannelSet, we can specify an ordered list of channels. The consumer will attempt to connect to these channels one at a time, moving to the next one only if the current connection fails.

My question is:

1. Does the consumer receive any kind of notification or status message when this channel switching occurs?
  2. If so, what form does this notification take, and how can I access it in my code?

If such notifications are not currently available, I'd appreciate any suggestions on how we might implement a similar functionality or any best practices for monitoring channels switches.

#productema-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.8k 64 15 21

Hello @xinjames.chen,

Yes, the consumer application will receive the status updates about the channel as they are connected and disconnected.

You can use the Example from EMA SDK with your channel-set configuration and see how it behaves. Once connected, you can use system tools like TCPView on Windows, or tcpkill on Linux, to kill an existing connection, to force a fail over.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.