For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
3 1 5 8

API client is making too many concurrent requests Error

Hi there,

I'm trying to understand the circumstances that would cause the above error.

Can someone confirm that the only cause for this error would be caused by having more than 10 concurrent requests and nothing else e.g no requests per second limit, etc?

Can I also clarify that this would include every request made whether asynchronous or synchronous?

This would also mean that this limit could be reached anytime e.g. 11 people making a single request of any type at the same time would cause this error.

Is the limit per account or group and does it only apply to certain types of accounts or for all accounts?

Many thanks

world-checkworld-check-oneerror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
526 2 2 3

Hello @stephen.davidson what is the error message (number) that you receive from the API?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 5 8

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

It's the standard 429 error.

We get it a lot as we make many calls to the API and we're trying to work out a strategy for avoiding the error.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @stephen.davidson,

The 429 return request status is documented and identifies too many concurrent requests.

It will happen if your application is making many requests at the same time and they are user based.

Brian

429The API client is making too many concurrent requests, and some are being throttled. Throttled requests can be retried (with an updated request Date and HTTP signature) after a short delay.

Quality of Service

Requests made to the World-Check One API are rate limited to ensure a consistent experience for all customers, however exact throttling limits may vary over time to adjust for available capacity on the platform. When making requests to the World-Check One API, it is advisable to check for HTTP 429 Too Many Requests response codes and attempt to retry the affected requests after a brief delay.

Please note that the performance characteristics of the Pilot environment are substantially reduced compared to Production, so should not be taken as indication of how integration with Production will perform. Pilot is purely intended for functional acceptance testing with sample, non-sensitive data and limited API request volumes

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22 3 1 5

Hi @brian.bourgault,

I have a client getting the same error. They are using the Postman collection test available for download.

Would you expect to see this error also while using the Postman test available for download?

Is the reason the same as described above or in this case for the test, performance is even more reduced?

Many thanks

Vanessa

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @Vanessa Lucisano,

It's possible using Postman, but I'd have to know the sequence of events.

Email me more info and the client.

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

Hello @brian.bourgault we are facing this issue in production.

Is there someone we can talk to solve this asap?

Can I send you an email to know which details the teams needs to investigate it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Marília

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.