question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Market rates sent by EZD serivce is store as Negative for some RIC (PLNCZKFIX)

We are from IBM. Out client is using your EZD service and as per code, it is access via below 2 URL's.(production URL)

Using Http protocol : http://admreutersp1:8082/ReutersService/

Using Net TCP : net.tcp://admreutersp1:8081/ReutersService/

During development, we have configured and hosted EZD service in our development web server (

10.143.37.155(devadmreutersp1)).

we are now accessing them from our Development server : 10.136.170.159

Using Http protocol : http://devadmreutersp1:8082/ReutersService/
Using Net TCP : net.tcp://devadmreutersp1:8081/ReutersService/

However, while accessing the TCP URL via code, following error is thrown

"Could not connect to net.tcp://devadmreutersp1:8081/ReutersService/. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:42.0772347. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.142.229.248:8081"

Network team have said that, development server 10.136.170.159 is able to Telnet Web server

10.143.37.155 (port 8081) successfully and there is no issue from network/firewall side.

Will you please assist me at your earliest? I have the code and wanted to access EZD service and check where market rates are converted to Negative rates.

Note: I want to debug the code, to check that why the market rates sent via EZD service is tranferred to database as Negative for some specific RIC (PLNCZKFIX)

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrtricseta-apielektron-transport-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @rahul.palve

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @rahul.palve

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @rahul.palve,

In your case, rmdstestclint is pointing at EZD, is this correct? You can point via -h option to the host of your choice. If true, your custom app pointing at EZD and your rmdstestclient pointing at EZD are receiving exact same content/data. Do you see?

Any negative values that are not seen by rmdstestclient are originating in the application.

====

If you are looking to develop a new app to subscribe to realtime data, we recommend Elektron Suite, EMA.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @rahul.palve,

You have two questions/issues here:

1. You are not able to connect to EZD. I would run/request your operations team to run a subscription test locally on EZD, using a command-line test client that comes with EZD called rmdstestclient. Verify that the EZD is listening on the port and that this client can successfully subscribe to data from it. Then switch back to the remote connection testing.

2. What rates are available from EZD and why are they transferred to DB as negative. I would, again, test using rmdstestclient and visually inspect the rate. If the event that the rate is negative, I would contact our content team via Raise a case. If the rate, as seen by rmdstestclient, is positive, I would examine the application and try to determine at what point the issue happens.

Hope this helps,

-Zoya

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

fxqrr.png (6.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @rahul.palve ,

Looking at the log from rmdstestclient subscription, the prices, etc. look as expected, I do not see any negative rates Am I missing something in the output?

Which fid(s) did you observe these negative rates in?

Yes there are No -ve values in the result log. The FID [BID/ASK/PRIMACT_1]are +ve.

1.What i need to find is correct FID for below 3-4 columns.

2. For this, i need run the code from our end.

3. The code is not running, as required Thomson Reuters API is not referenced.

4. Requesting you to tell us, which API we need to download and How to use it in code? so that code can be run and we will reach to identify the correct FID.

If require, i would like to show the code part from our end so that you will get the correct idea.

Please let me know if we can setup a call/webex session.

Mb. +91 97300 77661

tjrbr.png (5.2 KiB)
Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @rahul.palve,

I would like to mention the following, which I hope will be helpful in guiding you to the solution:

1. rmdstestclient outputs all the fields that are received upon subscription. First you see initial image (all the fids), and next you start receiving updates, or deltas, with the fields that have been changed.

2. If you see in your application any value that is not received as part of image or updates, these are likely calculated, they are not received, but rather calculated by the application.

3. if you would like some information on the content, i.e. which fids contain specific information that you are looking for, the best ways are:

Raise a case via My Account and your question will be routed to the appropriate content team within TR

Call TR Helpdesk to ask- we will route to the appropriate content team

Research detailed, exchange-specific content yourself using out Data Model Reference

Or as a developer, check brief fid description on ever fid in the data dictionary that came with your developer SDK.

Please let us know if this information was helpful to you?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

Zoya,

Running rmdstestclinet is not an issue. It will give service results. My question is i want to use EZD service in my code (added a reference in my code) and debug the code to see which FID is processed and stored as Negative?

And for this , let me know.. which thompson Reuter API i should download and how to add reference of it in my code/project?

Thank you

Nagsen

nagsen.palve@in.ibm.com

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.