We are from IBM. Out client is using your EZD service and as per code, it is access via below 2 URL's.(production URL)Using Http protocol : http://admreutersp1:8082/ReutersService/
Using Net TCP : net.tcp://admreutersp1:8081/ReutersService/
During development, we have configured and hosted EZD service in our development web server (
we are now accessing them from our Development server : 10.136.170.159
Using Http protocol : http://devadmreutersp1:8082/ReutersService/
Using Net TCP : net.tcp://devadmreutersp1:8081/ReutersService/
However, while accessing the TCP URL via code, following error is thrown
"Could not connect to net.tcp://devadmreutersp1:8081/ReutersService/. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:42.0772347. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.142.229.248:8081"
Network team have said that, development server 10.136.170.159 is able to Telnet Web server
10.143.37.155 (port 8081) successfully and there is no issue from network/firewall side.
Will you please assist me at your earliest? I have the code and wanted to access EZD service and check where market rates are converted to Negative rates.
Note: I want to debug the code, to check that why the market rates sent via EZD service is tranferred to database as Negative for some specific RIC (PLNCZKFIX)
In your case, rmdstestclint is pointing at EZD, is this correct? You can point via -h option to the host of your choice. If true, your custom app pointing at EZD and your rmdstestclient pointing at EZD are receiving exact same content/data. Do you see?
Any negative values that are not seen by rmdstestclient are originating in the application.
If you are looking to develop a new app to subscribe to realtime data, we recommend Elektron Suite, EMA.
You have two questions/issues here:
1. You are not able to connect to EZD. I would run/request your operations team to run a subscription test locally on EZD, using a command-line test client that comes with EZD called rmdstestclient. Verify that the EZD is listening on the port and that this client can successfully subscribe to data from it. Then switch back to the remote connection testing.
2. What rates are available from EZD and why are they transferred to DB as negative. I would, again, test using rmdstestclient and visually inspect the rate. If the event that the rate is negative, I would contact our content team via Raise a case. If the rate, as seen by rmdstestclient, is positive, I would examine the application and try to determine at what point the issue happens.
Hope this helps,
Thanks a ton for your quick response.
1. Yes we have ran the "rmdstestclient" utility locally on the server and have produces the result.log( attached.)
The RIC is PLNCZKFIX (Polish to Czech Republic)
I would like to mention the following, which I hope will be helpful in guiding you to the solution:
1. rmdstestclient outputs all the fields that are received upon subscription. First you see initial image (all the fids), and next you start receiving updates, or deltas, with the fields that have been changed.
2. If you see in your application any value that is not received as part of image or updates, these are likely calculated, they are not received, but rather calculated by the application.
3. if you would like some information on the content, i.e. which fids contain specific information that you are looking for, the best ways are:
Raise a case via My Account and your question will be routed to the appropriate content team within TR
Call TR Helpdesk to ask- we will route to the appropriate content team
Research detailed, exchange-specific content yourself using out Data Model Reference
Or as a developer, check brief fid description on ever fid in the data dictionary that came with your developer SDK.
Please let us know if this information was helpful to you?
Running rmdstestclinet is not an issue. It will give service results. My question is i want to use EZD service in my code (added a reference in my code) and debug the code to see which FID is processed and stored as Negative?
And for this , let me know.. which thompson Reuter API i should download and how to add reference of it in my code/project?