For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
28 8 0 5

EMA API Login Issue (JAVA)

I am trying to run the tutorial source code as posted at https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/learning?content=8738&type=learning_material_item

However, I failed to log in and establish connections. The error message is as follows.

Nov 03, 2017 3:39:29 PM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallbackSEVERE: loggerMsg  ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient  Severity: Error  Text:  Received ChannelDown event on channel Channel  Instance Name EmaConsumer_1  RsslReactor Channel is null  Error Id 0  Internal sysError 0  Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent  Error text Reconnection failed: java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressExceptionloggerMsgEnd
Exception thrown: login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) forelektron:14002)

The related codes are as follows.

consumer = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(  config.host("elektron:14002")  .username("user") );

May I know why? I am not clear how to establish a connection using my account. What host should I use? No need to provide password?

Thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkjavalog-in
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hi @hujunhu

You need to change "elektron:14002" to be your TREP/EZD server IP and RSSL port. I suggest you contact your local Market Data team or Thomson Reuters representative for more detail about the TREP server that you can access.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.