question

Upvotes
Accepted
28 8 0 5

EMA JAVA API timestamp precision

I find that TIMACT (Fid: 5) always has a 0 value for millisecond (fieldEntry.time().millisecond()). Is the timestamp precision of EMA up to second? Thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apitime-stamp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @hujunhu,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
895 3 8 3

Hi,

TIMACT only goes to seconds from our main Elektron realtime feed so the precision you see will never be anything more than that. We use different format fields for milli and up to nano second. For example TIMACT_NS is the field to look for for up to nanosecond precision (not guaranteed to have that level if the source doesn't supply it).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Tim Smith

Thanks.

May I know the difference between TIMACT and QUOTIM?

Regards,

Jun

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @hujunhu

EMA provides the methods to get the timestamp up to nanosecond as shown below:

case DataTypes.TIME :
System.out.println(fieldEntry.time().hour() + ":"
+ fieldEntry.time().minute() + ":" + fieldEntry.time().second() + ":"
+ fieldEntry.time().millisecond() + ":" +fieldEntry.time().microsecond()+ ":" +fieldEntry.time().nanosecond());
break;

The example output:

Fid: 14265 Name = QUOTIM_NS DataType: Time Value: 9:26:12:468:952:587

As Tim Smith said, this is depends on the feed if it sends second/milli/micro/nano second for a field to EMA.

icon clock
10 |1500

@ Pimchaya.Wongrukun, Thanks.

However, I find that most of the feeds don't have QUOTIM_NS.
There is another Fid: 3855 Name = QUOTIM_MS. Why its data type is UInt instead of Time?

Jun

Hello @hujunhu

As far as I know, it is the feed's design. However, I do not know the actually reason.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.