Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 4

RIC symbol from stock name?

Hi I want to get the RIC symbol from a company's name, how to do that in Excel?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricsexcelsymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hi @sonam.srivastava

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

You can use =RSearch in Eikon Excel to retrieves a list of instruments based on the specified search criteria. For example:

=RSearch("EQUITY","search:Apple","NBROWS:1")

It returns AAPL.O. For more information regarding =RSearch in Eikon Excel, please refer to Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office Help in Eikon Excel Help menu.

Moreover, to use RSearch with COM APIs for use in Microsoft Office, please refer to Tutorial 7 - Instrument Search - RSearch.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Using formula -

=RSearch("EQUITY","search:Apple","NBROWS:1")

I get the results -

No results were found matching your criteria.

Please try to wrap Apple in the single quotes.

=RSearch("EQUITY","Search:'Apple'","NBROWS:1")

I'm getting the same error with the single quotes as well

@sonam.srivastava
I suggest you raise this to Thomson Reuters Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

Upvotes
7 1 2 3

Any suggestions for a similar solution using Python API?

icon clock
10 |1500

@mdziel

When asking a new question, please always start a new thread. Old threads are not monitored by forum moderators. If you need to reference an old thread, include a link to the thread in your post.
To answer your question, see the article titled "Building Search into your Application Workflow", which describes how to implement various searches using RDP Libraries.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.