question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Retrieve audit log for a case - getting NO results

Using both the postman collection and my own C# code,

1. I create a case.

2. Screen the case.

3. I can "Get screening results", however ....

4. "Retrieve the audit log for a case" always returns NO results.

(YES, I have changed API key and secret, group ID, user ID etc to mine). What am I doing wrong?

world-checkworld-check-onelogging
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jbentum

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.2k 8 5 6

Hello @jbentum,

I can confirm that there was an issue with the WC1 API in the Pilot Environment where the API was not screening the case even though the 201 successful response is received when calling the API "Screen a Case". Due to which, the audit event was only fetching the "New Case added" event as the event "Case Screened for World Check" did not exist.

Kindly note the issue has now been resolved. I have made few tests and see that the API "Screen a Case" is working fine now and the API "Get Screening Results" is pulling the results successfully. The API "Retrieve Audit logs" is also working fine now.

Request you re test and let us know if the issue persists.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

Hello @jbentum,

Please confirm if this is an intermittent issue or consistent. Also, I would need the case ID so that I can look this up at my end. Also, kindly confirm the WC1 account name.

What is the response code that you are receiving when you call the "Fetch Audit logs"?

Kindly let us know if the issue exists with the production environment or the pilot account.

Please send me the screenshot of the Postman request so that I can debug this. Also, include the Postman Console logs screen capture?

The postman console logs are available only in native postman app and not in the chrome version. To get the postman console logs, click on “View” and then on “Show Postman Console”. This will open a dialog box which will have a list of requests that you have sent. Click on the request for which you got the error. Take the screenshot of the entire log for that request and sent it over.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 2

Issue appears to be consistent, I've tried with names that both should and should not return any matches.

WC1 account is jbentum@paypal.com (Xoom Corporation API Trial). Postman response status is 404, CaseId=8b8a0739-66d0-4b9b-a5ce-7b23727c65f2.

In Postman I get a 200 response code but zero results. In Visual studio I get a 404, but I suspect that is because I haven't got "datatosign" and authorization right.

postman-console.png (97.5 KiB)
postman2.png (69.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 2

Regarding response code in Postman, sometimes I get a 404, and sometimes I get a 200 with no results.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

Hello @jbentum ,

I have checked the provided case ID with your user credentials associated with the email address you used to register on this forum, and I am getting a valid response body from WC1 API server when I call the API "Retrieve the audit logs". Please find the screen capture in the attached.
The issue reported (200 OK but empty response body) can be because of various reasons. One being the API was called before the case was screened. As the request body contains the filter "actionType==SCREENED_CASE;actionedByUserId=={ {user-id}}", so it will display the audit logs for the screened case only and if the case has not been screened yet, it will show an empty response. Kindly note the API "Screen a Case" is an asynchronous request and does not screen the request instantaneously but places the case to be screened in queue and screens them later.

If the actionType and its value is removed from the request body, the API "Audit details" will return always return a response body. Here the value of the actionType can vary and may include "SCREENED_CASE" depending whether the case has been screened or not. If the actionType is removed from the request body, the audit logs of the case system ID is filtered using only the user_id and will only display the results mapped to the user_id and the case system Id.

Can you please retest the case ID again 8b8a0739-66d0-4b9b-a5ce-7b23727c65f2 and see if you are able to fetch the results.

Regarding 404 error from Postman, can you please provide me few screenshots so that I can look into it.

cusersu6068964picturesrequest-body.pngcusersu6068964picturesresponse-body.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 2

Thanks for the explanation. I can confirm that I get a response body when I remove SCREENED_CASE. I now realize that none of my screen requests in about the past 12 hours have screened yet. Is there a limit in the pilot environment for number of cases and/or screens? It seems that after I reached 500 cases+screens some time yesterday, my screen requests via API return "Created", but when I look in the web interface, none of the screens have run, which explains why my Audit checks for SCREENED_CASE had no results.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @Irfan.Khan

I'm facing the same situation with my pilot account. When I try to get the audit log for a case, I got an empty result.

When I remove the "actionType==SCREENED_CASE;" from the payload I get a result, but, I need the field "status code" under "details". Is there something else I must do? Can you help me?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Joao Rocha.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

@joao.rocha

I would like to bring to your notice that our Pilot environment was experiencing an issue yesterday due to which the cases were not being screened when the screening request API was called, even though the response code received was 200 OK. Due to which the audit detail API was unable to pull the desired result.

As per the latest update, the issue has been fixed and we are working on applying a permanent fix so that such an incident does not re occur in the future.

Regret the inconvenience caused.

Request you to re screen the cases and let us know if you are still facing any issues.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.