For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 4 1 4

REST DSS ISIN to RIC for specific exchange

Hi,

I'm using .NET DSS REST example Tutorial 8 restful_api_TandC.sln to translate ISIN to RIC using the TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest.

When I specify the instrument without using the Source field:

new InstrumentIdentifier {Identifier = "ZAE000097580", IdentifierType = IdentifierType.Isin}

It correctly returns RIC "SUIJ.J". However when I try to specify also the Exchange Code for the Johannesburg exchange "JSE" in the Source field I get no results:

new InstrumentIdentifier {Identifier = "ZAE000097580", IdentifierType = IdentifierType.Isin, Source = "JSE"}

Do you know why specifying the exchange code in the Source field doesn't work? AFAIK the "JSE" exchange code should be correct. Thanks for any hint.

Petr

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssricsrest-apiisinexchanges
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@petr.synek, ISIN ZAE000097580 effectively corresponds to RIC SUIJ.J, but the exchange code is JNB, not JSE.

To find this out, you can make the request without the source, and:

• Include field "Exchange Code" in the output; it will deliver the primary exchange, which is JNB.
  • Include field "Exchange Code List" in the output; it will deliver the list of exchanges where it is traded: JNB and BER.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 4 1 4

Hi Hristiaan,

Thanks for your response. You are true, the proper code is JNB.

Do you know where can I find list of all exchange codes? What I've found so far is that the Johannesburg exchange was always referenced as JSE.

Petr

icon clock
10 |1500

@petr.synek, look at the DSS Data Content Guide, appendix F, this can help.

In the screenshot below I filtered column B to display entries that contain "Johannesburg". There we see that most instruments are quoted on JNB. JSE is only for CFDs:

jnb-jse.png (43.5 KiB)
Upvotes
5 4 1 4

Great, thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.