For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

Authorization issue while calling WorldCheck One API

I am integration WorldCheck One API in our System. With the provided credential when we tried to access the web services we are getting “un-Authorized” as responses in "Get my topup level groups" API.There is probability that we are sending any parameter value as wrong in request. Please suggest us to proceed further.

• As per request flow, we are getting multiple group ID from 1st request and suggest how do we decide which group ID to be used for 2nd request.
  • While doing registering AMS is capturing the information “first name, last name , Id Proof and date of birth” considering this information, please suggest which type of case should AMS use.
  • After creating a Case there is web service “Screen a Case”. In the response of service it return 201. Can you explain the meaning in details.
  • As per postman request samples, We found "Get screening results" API which return result of "Screen cases". Based on this API Response, How can we identify user is valid or not? and when we need to call this API after "Screen Cases" immediately or after sometime period.

Thanks,

Umang Shah

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

As the discussion is ongoing, extending triage period by one week.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.5k 4 8 8

You are correct!

Hope this suffices.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
196 2 0 4

Hi Umang,

Thank you for your inquiry.

• For an authorized API request you will need to include your api-key and api-secret key, have you received from our Entitlement team yet?
  • Depend on how many group IDs are created for your firm, you can pick the one with API suffix? if not, use the one with Screening suffix. You can check them in the WC1 website with your firm Administrator login.
  • For the AMS case, seem you are capturing individual information, so please specify INDIVIDUAL as your entityType, for corporate, use ORGANISATION
  • For return 201 it means Screening request successfully queued for asynchronous processing, you can get the result through Get screening results (SEQ-5b) afterward. This is described in our documentation, the latest is "Thomson-Reuters-World-Check-One-API-documentation.v1.3" which can be downloaded from the Documentation tab in the WC1 API developer portal.
  • For the screening results, there might be 1 or more result come back and each will have its matchStrength like Weak, Medium, Exact etc to indicate how close the match to your search and you can usually check the result a minute or so after the screening request was sent successfully

Hope the above answered your queries, please feel free to contact us again if necessary. Thanks.

Chris

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Charis ,

We have received api-key and api-secret but still we are getting un-authorized response.

Thanks,

Umang Shah

Upvotes
196 2 0 4

Hi Umang,

That's good, understood, have you checked our Quick Start tab in the WC1 API Developer Port before please? there is a step by step guide how to put in the parameters, please check the link below, you need to include them in your Postman Environment which can be downloaded from our portal Download tab too, namely "WC1 Postman Collection and Environment json files" please check.

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/customer-and-third-party-screening/world-check-one-api/quick-start

Hope this is helpful to you, please feel free to contact us again if necessary, thanks.

Chris

icon clock
10 |1500

HI Charis,

We have followed Quick Start Tab in World Check API Documents and imported postman collection and required environment in Postman Client but still not getting any success.

Thanks,

Umang Shah

Upvotes
196 2 0 4

Hi Umang,

Understood, let's do this step by step, are you still having authorization issue please? so SEQ-1a Get my top-level groups not working?

if so, can i have screenshot of your environment please?

if not, then which step you would like to resolve next please? still need to provide the environment settings for checking?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Chris,

I am sharing with you screenshots of postman request. So please suggest us what we have done wrong

Thanks,

Umang Shah

worldcheck1.png (112.8 KiB)
worldcheck2.png (133.8 KiB)

Hi Chris,

Today, we are getting success response in "Get my Topup level group" API. After Screening case, When we try to call "Get screening results" API I got response as in attached screenshots. So based on response how would I consider whether person is authorized or not.

Attached screenshots contain "Save Case" request and "Get Screening Result" response.

Thanks,

Umang Shah

savecase.png (101.4 KiB)
screeningresult1.png (106.5 KiB)
Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

@umang.shah,

Can you please let me us know if you want to identify whether the result populated in the provided screenshot is a positive match or a false match? Or, do you want to know how to resolve profiles in a case using the API sequence? For resolving the case, you can call the API - "SEQ-5e: Resolve results".

icon clock
10 |1500

Prabhjyot,

Yes, I want to identify whether the result populated in the provided screenshot is a positive match or a false match and after "Get Screening Result" Should I need to follow any steps to authorize user.

Thanks,

Umang Shah

Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

@umang.shah,

Thanks for the clarification.

We will not be able to provide you that information as this should be answered by your internal team who are responsible for defining the underlying business logic to discount profiles populated in your screening result, best suited to your business use case.

Please contact your internal team as they should be able to guide you in this regard.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@eannoh From the internal team, as admin role , i do not have access to the

(accessible by the Client Admin from website https://app.accelus.com). I tried to reset password but not working. Kindly assist me login.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

@eannoh,

Please contact GRC.WC.Support@thomsonreuters.com with the details and the screenshots of the error message for further assistance.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@eannoh
Hi Prabhjyot, I have sent the request to support and got feedback, however i require a registration Key and have not received it yet. Have reverted back to customer support.

thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

Hello,
Will Group Id be changed only when API-Key and API-Secret get changed?

If Then I will bind Group Id as Static So not need to call "Get Top Level Group" API each and every time.

Thanks,

Umang Shah

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

@umang.shah,

Yes, the Group ID will change only when the API Key and API Secret changes. However, you can create multiple groups under an account.

You don't have to run the get top level groups every time, just once should be good enough. However, if you want to make the Group ID static and any changes are made on the group IDs, then you will have to call API "SEQ-1a: Get my top-level groups" everytime a change is made.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

Hello,

How to identify whether "Screening Result" is ready or not by using "Retrieve the audit log for a case" API .if It is based on StatusCode returned in response of "Retrieve the audit log for a case" then which are possible StatusCode?

Thanks,

Umang Shah

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

Hello @umang.shah,

You can use the key "actionType" and its value "SCREENED_CASE" to confirm if the case has been screened or not.

Kindly note the statusCode has only one value "COMPLETED" and it will be displayed for only one audit detail event "ScreenCaseAuditDetails".

Please find the response returned from "SEQ-8: Retrieve the audit log for a case" API when you are looking for a screened case.

{ "id": "0a3687d0-63349-064500092c8e", "objectId": "0a3684-14b4-98d8-ef710004b306", "eventDate": "2018-05-15T13:59:15.263Z", "actionedByUserId": "0a36866-59740011c2", "actionedByUserName": "Irfan Khan", "note": null, "entityType": "CASE", "actionType": "SCREENED_CASE", "auditEventToDate": null, "details": { "detailsType": "ScreenCaseAuditDetails", "userId": null, "statusCode": "COMPLETED", "screeningState": "INITIAL", "noOfNewResults": 0, "noOfReviewRequiredResults": 0, "noOfExcludedResults": 0, "noOfAutoResolvedResults": 0, "providerTypes": [ "WATCHLIST" ], "caseScreenRequestor": null, "caseSystemId": "0a3687d8-ef710004b306" } } ] }

In a nutshell, there is only enum value for the key "statusCode" and that is COMPLETED and it will only appear if the case has been screened successfully. So your code can look for either the key "actionType" : "SCREENED_CASE" or the key "statusCode": "COMPLETED" in the response body of the API call "SEQ-8: Retrieve the audit log for a case" to find out if the case has been screened or not.

Please refer to the below for more information on the same topic

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/26633/statuscode-1.html

Kindly let me know if you need further assistance on this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

Hello,
If Case is screened, then I got result in "Get Screening Result" API but if Case is not screened and I try to call "Retrieve the audit log for a case" API then It will not give any Status Code.

let me know if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Umang Shah

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

@umang.shah,

You are correct. You are getting blank result as you are using the filter "actionType" : "SCREENED_CASE" in the request body of the API call. If you want the details to be fetched in the reponse body, please remove the "actionType" : "SCREENED_CASE" from the request body of the API call and it will display the audit events for the specific case.

I would recommend you to please check the below link for better understanding on the functionality of the API call.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/26633/statuscode-1.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

Hello,

But I want to check only for "SCREENED_CASE" that's why I am passing actionType as "SCREENED_CASE" and If I don't get any result then I need to wait for sometime and try it again after sometime.

let me know if i am wrong

Thanks,

Umang Shah

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.