For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Is there any expiry for C# example. Because it's not working any more!

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssc#expiration
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @kathy,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@kathy, the username and password are specific to the DSS product, they are not the same as those of the Developer Community. To get a DSS account (username and password) please contact your Thomson Reuters account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @kathy,

Example applications that do not work should be removed or updated so they do work. Can you provide which specific example you are running that does not work?

thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@kathy,

there is no expiry date as such for a sample, it does not expire after N days :-)

But maybe you are using an obsolete version, built for an old version of the server side software ? That could be a cause for it failing.

You do not tell us what example you are using, so I can only guess.

I suggest you download the latest version of that C# example, and try using it again. If that does not work, tell us exactly what sample you are using, and what failure symptoms you observe.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Hello and thanks for your help on this.

It looks like none of the samples is working!

I'm getting this error for any sample I run!

"ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.UnauthorizedException: 'Invalid username or password'"

I'm doubting I'm using wrong username, password.

Are those the ones that I've signed up with for Developer Community or Should I apply for different credentials?

Thanks,

Kathy

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Ha ha, my bad.

Thank you so very much.

Kathy

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Sorry Christiaan,

I'm assuming I cannot try any sample or REST API if I don't have the credentials.

There's not trial for them. Am I right?

icon clock
10 |1500

@kathy, DSS is a commercial product. That said, you can request a trial from your Thomson Reuters account manager.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Thank you so much.

Kathy

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.