For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 4 3 6

Does ERT_Cloud needs TERP/ADS ?

Hello,

First of all thanks for giving Elektron Real Time in Cloud(ERT) which will more useful for many of us in the future.

I've been investigating the Elektron infrastructure and installations etc., for the past 1 Week.

I've 3 major questions to ask.

1. Whether my understanding is correct for accessing Elektron via TREP/ADS?
  2. Does the new ERT_Cloud have inbuild TREP/ADS infrastructure with it?
  3. ERT_Cloud python example.

1. After researching through many documents provided by TR on Elektron. I have somewhat understood it's logic.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.I'm still in learning stage.

For accessing any Elektron Real-time data, We need to connect them via TREP Network which can be an ADS (Advance Distribution Server)

To install an ADS we need to contact TR Support Team to get the necessary credentials. These ADS will be maintained by us (Client)

2. My Primary goal was to get the Real-time data by using Elektron WebSocket.I've just seen a new release called ERT_Cloud in AWS where we can easily access Elektron WebSocket API (since we are already using AWS).

Here the authentication is totally on Cloud, so we don't need a dedicated ADS to install from our(client) end?

3. In the python example , there are two WebSocket sessions is available one with the condition of hot standby. How will this value be changed during the runtime?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrepADS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @jayendrana, It is usually easier to get answers if you focus on a single question in a post.

You are referring to the new Elektron Data Platform - Real Time service, which is hosted in the cloud:

1. No TREP/ADS is needed, your app will directly connect to the ADS in the cloud.

2. Yes, no additional client side component is needed.

3. What value do you want to change? If the hotstandby parameter is enabled, the python sample connects and log-in to two ADS simaultaniously.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Gurpreet.

For #3 When will be the hoststandby parameter turns ON? My understanding is like the value will be may change during the run-time based on the availability of the ADS AZ in the cloud(AWS).

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

@jayendrana The hotstandby parameter does not change at runtime. It is one of the parameters that a user provides to application via command line, and causes the application to run a single or double connection. It is just an example, of how an application can initiate two simultaneous connections to platform.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.