question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 7 13 27

270__SymbolList can not get the data

I run the Example: Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/Consumer/200_Series/270__SymbolList

Consumer.cpp:

try {
AppClient client;

OmmConsumer consumer( OmmConsumerConfig().host( "localhost:14002" ).username( "user1" ) );

UInt64 handle = consumer.registerClient( ReqMsg().domainType( MMT_SYMBOL_LIST ).serviceName( "ELEKTRON_DD" ).name( "0#/MBD.HK" ), client );

}
but I get the result :

Item Name: 0#/MBD.HK
Service Name: ELEKTRON_DD

Item State: Closed / Suspect / Not found / 'The record could not be found'

how can i the the result success,
what the Consumer.cpp should be.?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @luxiangyuan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @luxiangyuan

The message means that the RIC you have requested is not available in a SymbolList Domain format.

The RIC is actually the older Chain format - so you would request using the default MarketPrice domain.

Please see the following two articles for an example of Chain handling using EMA

Simple Chain objects for EMA - Part 1

Simple Chain objects for EMA - Part 2

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
87 7 13 27

tks Umer Nalla

I am a new developer in china with EMA C++

the article is very well,but developed in java,I even can not find the "FlatChain" in sdk(C++);

now my question is how can I get stock list conveniently with EMA (C++)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @luxiangyuan

The techniques and mechanism described in the article for processing Chains is much the same in C++ and Java. So, you could refer to the articles and use the understanding to develop your own code to process chains in C++.

EMA does not provide any built in classes for processing Chains specifically.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
87 7 13 27

hi Umer:

but where can I find the implements of "

import com.thomsonreuters.platformservices.elektron.objects.chain.Chain;

import com.thomsonreuters.platformservices.elektron.objects.chain.FlatChain;"

So I can refer to.

thanks a lot

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @luxiangyuan

As mentioned in the Chain articles, they can be found on github

TR-API-Samples/Article.EMA.Java.ChainExpander

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
87 7 13 27

Hi Umer:

the source code of the FlatChain is on the branch "feature-java7-compatibility"

thank you !!!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
87 7 13 27

hi umer:

Is there any usage of java sdk "Elektron-SDK1.2.0.java"?

I develop whth c++ almost,

So I need the usage of the java sdk strongly。

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi,

I can see you asked this question on a separate post and a colleague has answered. If that is not the same question - please explain further what usage you require.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.