Upvotes
Accepted
25 1 1 5

Java Error contributing data to MARKETLINK

Contribution of MARKETLINK.ANY.******.NaE failed - (6) Invalid Message Syntax

treprfarfa-apijavacontributions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Does anyone knows what might be the reason? Thanks

Upvotes
Accepted
25 1 1 5

Hi @zoya.farberov , thanks for the reply. I was able to make the example work now. What I found out is that although I am contributing to MARKETLINK, I should set openItemStream with serviceName "IDN_SELECTFEED" in the sendItemRequests().

Thanks for helping me out!

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @jake.lu for letting us know.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @jake.lu,

You are submitting a message that is not recognized as a valid MarketLink post.

Perhaps you will find this answer "Contribution via RFA" useful.

Once you have tried following the suggested approach, please let us know, if you are able to post succefully, or continue to encounter this error.

Thanks,

-Zoya

icon clock
10 |1500

I am able to compile and run the example you linked and see myself connected via ADS but the post item request is timeout now....

<-- PostItemManager: Received for TEST01=RBCN OMM_ITEM_EVENT/MARKET_PRICE (com.reuters.rfa.internal.session.omm.OMMSubHandleImpl@68837a77) MsgType.STATUS_RESP
	Msg Model Type: MARKET_PRICE
	Indication Flags: 
	Hint Flags: HAS_ATTRIB_INFO | HAS_STATE
	State: OPEN, SUSPECT, TIMEOUT,  "Item Request Timeout"
	AttribInfo
		ServiceName: MARKETLINK
		Name: TEST01=RBCN
		NameType: 1 (RIC)
	Payload: None<br>
Show more comments
Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

@jake.lu Also note that MLIP contributions system is being replaced with Thomson Reuters Cotribution Channel. If you are still using MLIP, please contact your account manager for migration path.

Here is an article and tutorial on how to contribute using TRCC in Java.

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/article/contributing-your-data-thomson-reuters

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/learning?content=41885&type=learning_material_item

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @jake.lu,

It seems to indicate that your infrastructure, ADS, is refusing the Post request.

As possible next steps I would:

1. Run a simple example consumer and make sure the same user is able to consume item TEST01=RBCN from service MARKETLINK

2. Verify the message being posted includes the payload (as recommended in the answer by Wasin, an update, not a refresh, with a field list) as I see payload of "none" in status.

3. Would contact your local market data group to try to get the insight into you infra log, is ADS reporting the attempt and what is in the log.

---

I agree with Gurpreet, intergating with Contribution Channel would be recommended.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.