question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 7 13 27

[EMA C++]How to get seqNum in RefreshMsg and updateMsg

hello

I develop with EMA C++

I want get seqNum of the RefreshMsg and UpdateMsg, what should I do.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@luxiangyuan

Basically, the OMM message structure, it has a seqNum attribute in the message header. However, this attribute is managed by the server side (feed/exchange) and EMA does not generate the seqNum. Please note that some exchanges increase the value by 2 or by 16.

For EMA C++, you can verify whether or not the RefreshMsg or UpdateMsg contains sequence number by calling method hasSeqNum() and then get the sequence number by calling method getSeqNum(). Below is sample codes to get the sequence number from Refresh message.

if (refreshMsg.hasSeqNum())
{
  cout << endl << "Sequence Number:" << refreshMsg.getSeqNum() << endl;
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

it works

thank you very much

Upvotes
43 7 13 12

If this as described "this attribute is managed by the server side (feed/exchange) and EMA does not generate the seqNum" is there another similar mechanism but handled directly by EMA?
(Eg:timestamp, Ema's seqNum, ecc)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @cdefusco

Our realtime APIs are 'content neutral' and pass the data to your callbacks as they are received from the server / provider and therefore don't add additional information such as Sequence Number / Timestamp etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.