question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 12 15 17

Building ESDK(JAVA) without Gradle

Hello Team,

Is there a way to build ESDK(JAVA) environment without using Gradle?

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/quick-start?content=43055&type=quick_start

The tutorial above explains the build using Gradle and Gradle requires access to Internet during the ESDK build process. However we are running ESDK(Java) on a machine without internet connectivity so please advise alternate method to build ESDK(Java) environment.

Thank you.

Regards

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apibuild
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @NWM

ESDK packages obtained from the Developer Community Portal, https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/downloads , continue to include all needed Java dependencies. That’s mean you do not need to use Gradle to download or build your ESDK dependencies. You can use any Java IDE e.g. Eclipse to help build and run the example applications without internet connectivity.

For example: after I created a project in the Eclipse and included all EMA example applications, I included the Java dependencies shipped with ESDK package as shown below:

Then I copied [Elektron-SDK Package]\Java\Ema\Examples\src\main\etc\EmaConfig.xml in the project directory. Next, I copied dictionary files, [Elektron-SDK Package]\Java\etc\enumtype.def and RDMFieldDictionary, in the project directory. Finally, I run example100__MarketPrice__Streaming.IProvider and example100__MarketPrice__Streaming.Consumer to consume data from IProvider without internet connectivity.

The example result from Consumer application:

Hope this help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 12 15 17

@Pimchaya

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your explanation. I will try using Eclipse.

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.