Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
16 0 1 3

Error code 429 | Client Error: Too Many Requests - Too many requests, please try again later

hi , when i use python to get some data from eikon, i got this error

Error code 429 | Client Error: Too Many Requests - Too many requests, please try again later

and this is my code:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('*********')

df = ek.get_timeseries("USCPI=ECI",start_date="2018-01-27",end_date="2019-01-27",interval='monthly')

how can i fix this problem,thx

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hello @willywang

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @willywang

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@willywang

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @willywang

Please read more information on this link regarding error code 429.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi , I can't fix the problem and it is important issue .

1.On developer community, there are so many people have same problem, but they didn't have an answer too.

2.I got some data through python api at 7 April .From then on, i can't get ant data by eikon api.

how to fix this problem , thx

@willywang
Have you reviewed the document @chavalit.jintamalit pointed you to? This document describes the reasons why users may receive EikonError 429.
It should also help you determine which specific throttle your code is triggering. If after reviewing the above doc you still cannot figure out which throttle your code is triggering and why, you can enable logging per instructions in this comment. The log will tell you which throttle limit your requests are breaching.
It would also be very helpful if you provided specifics of your experience: what exactly you're doing and what results you get.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

Hi @willywang,

Let me add a real world experience to Chavalit's answer:

I have some Python code with a loop on 100 items. Inside the loop there is a request (tr.get_news_story). Running my code gave me a 429. After adding a 50 millisecond pause in the loop the error disappeared.

To add the pause I added this to my imports:

import time

And here is the loop:

for i in enumerate(index):
    time.sleep(0.05)

You might need to tweak the pause duration to ensure you do not hit the limit. For my code, 30 ms sometimes worked, but sometimes it failed, so I finally settled for 50 ms.

Hope this helps.

See also this thread and this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.