Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
63 10 17 19

Error Code 101 : MacOs

I am getting the following error message as I try to start Eikon API Proxy

An unexpected error has occured.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Eikon API Proxy will now exit.

Error code: 101

Error message: [IPCBus:Broker] error = Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND localhost on {"port":"49153"}

Pls help....

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierrorerror-message
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@rajanraju could you please check the localhost information is in your to your ```/etc/hosts``` file? If it is not, just add this line to the top:

127.0.0.1       localhost

Let me know if this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
63 10 17 19

@Zhenya Kovalyov thank you. The /etc/hosts file is empty and locked. Should I write a new file? As an aside, I deleted the proxy, reinstalled, switched off, restarted the machine. When I then ran the proxy, it, fortunately, started up. So now it's all working.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.