question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Cannot connect to Datastream via Python

Since last week, I've been having the same connection issue with Datastream via python. I use the following:

from pydatastream import Datastream

DWE = Datastream(username="DS:XXXXXX", password="XXXXXXXX")

But when I attempt to connect, I receive the following connection error:

WebFault: b"Server raised fault: 'User 'DS:XXXXXX' logon failed: Delegate Source 'DSPermissionsPassword' reports: No response from source DSPermissionsPassword'"

I've reached the library's developers here: https://github.com/vfilimonov/pydatastream/issues/21

It was working just fine 2 weeks ago, but it stopped out of the blue. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

datastream-apidsws-apiconnectionissue
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ivarejao1

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

@ivarejao1 @charles.allderman

Please contact your Account Management team for details on and access to Datastream Web Service.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.1k 3 3 3

@ivarejao1

Package pydatastream is unofficial and not supported by Refinitv. Dataworks Enterprise service which was basis of this package has been retired on 30th of June 2019.

You will find the official beta package here with materials available in Documenation and examples in Downloads.

icon clock
10 |1500

Got the following error

import DatastreamDSWS as dsws

ds = dsws.Datastream(username='XXXXXXX', password='XXXXXXXX')

Token Request : Unexpected error

Upvotes
1 1 0 2

Got the following error

import DatastreamDSWS as dsws

ds = dsws.Datastream(username='XXXXXXX', password='XXXXXXXX')

Token Request : Unexpected error

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

I have the same problem, and none of the python api's are working.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
41 1 2 3

@ivarejao1 @charles.allderman: Or you can try PyDSWS package. Remember to pass DataStream log in id without DS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.