Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 2 5

Recording Functionality using the RFA API

Hi guys,

Good day!

Would you be able to confirm if any recording functionality is natively supported using the RFA API? We are looking for ways to record data for maintenance and issue replication on our end, but haven't found anything so far.

Thank you,

Jayson

[P.S. Newbie here, Refinitiv forwarded me to this devcom when I asked them this question :)]

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkdata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jfajardo

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @jfajardo

RFA does not provide any recording functionality. Anyway, you can use rmdstestclient to record data and replay the recorded data using sink_driven_src. For more details, please refer to Quick Start Guide to Recording and Playback of Elektron Data article. Even the article shows EMA C++ application to consume recorded data published by sink_driven_src, RFA application can consume data from sink_driven_src as well.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
7.6k 15 6 9

@jfajardo

RFA itself does not have the functionality to record and replay data. It just provides the functionality to request and receive data as is.

If you want to investigate issue such as the content issue which requires confirmation for the actual data RFA received or your application losing some flag, turn on RSSL tracing should be able to help investigate this kind of issue. Not sure what version of RFA you currently use C++/.NET/Java. If you are using C++/.NET you can turn on the trace by following the instruction from the following post.

Anyway, there are infra tools which you can use to record and playback the Elektron data and we have an article here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 2 5

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the help and the information provided above.

I am able to use sink_driven_src to replay data to my application, however, my application only supports Thailand (BK) and Indonesia (JK) RICs for now, and the Asia Canned Data do not have these RICs included. I am scouring other posts for maybe a shared canned file.

I do not have connectivity at the moment so I cannot capture it myself.

Anyway, thank you very much still!

Regards,

Jayson

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.