question

Upvotes
Accepted
95 7 12 25

EMA C++ - How to implement a provider accepting post requests

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a provider receiving post requests from a consumer.

Even though I see the post messages going out from the consumer, the provider is not notified on the onPostMsg(...) method of the OmmProviderClient instance.

This question is related to another question reporting the same issue.

In the provider ema logs, I can see the message "Post message is not support for this release".

I'm using EMA C++ 1.3.0.L1.

What are the plans to support post messages on provider side? Also, as workaround, how could I test my consumer in the meantime?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Paolo

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @Paolo Parlapiano,

I have verified the latest version of ESDK, 1.3.1.L1 and still found the same code logging the "Post message is not support for this release". You can post the feedback directly on Github for the plan.

As workaround, you may use ETA VAProvider example in the same package to test your consumer. The example support posting from consumer application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
95 7 12 25

Hi @veerapath.rungruengrayubkul,

could you please provide the name of the ETA provider example accepting post requests?
I was not able to find it.

Thanks

Regards,

Paolo

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Paolo Parlapiano

The example's name is VAProvider in "Cpp-C\Eta\Applications\Examples\VAProvider" folder. I have tried it with EMA C++'s 340__MarketPrice__OnStreamPost and 341__MarketPrice__OffStreamPost examples.

Paolo Parlapiano avatar image Paolo Parlapiano veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.