Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 5 6

Issue with max request limit for send_json_request(). Data is being truncated beyond 20 RICs

I am currently trying to grab a time series for 'VOLUME' and 'TIMESTAMP' for 25 RICs over 6 months using 'ek.send_json_request()'. However the moment I go over 20 RICs, The data returned begins to truncate. So if my 'start_date' is 2019-01-02 and my 'end_date' 2019-06-28' and I use beyond 20 RICs, data will incrementally start disappearing from the start_date. With 25 RICs, the start date effectively becomes '2019-02-01'

Here is my payload and the request I performed, less the RICs (left out for business purposely).

"""

payload = {'startdate': '2019-01-02T00:00:00', 'enddate': '2019-06-28T00:00:00', 'fields': ['VOLUME', 'TIMESTAMP'], 'interval': 'daily', 'rics': [ ADD YOU OWN RICS HERE], 'corax': 'unadjusted'}

ek.send_json_request('TimeSeries', payload=payload, debug=False)

"""

Refinitiv - Is this a known bug? There is nothing in your docs which highlight these data parameters

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricsapi-limitsjson
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @gabriel31

Please review API limitation document at this URL.

I believe that your API calls have hit the limit.

6 months is around 150 datapoint for daily interval.

So 20 RIC x 150 datapoint is around 3000 datapoint.

You can try to split your request as advice on the document.

You may split the number of RIC and keep the same interval and period.

Or you may split the period and keep the same number of RIC and interval.

This is entirely up to you.

Just make sure that it does not hit the limit.

ahs.png (65.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 3 5 6

Thanks Chavalit! I'll batch up the requests by 20 RICs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.