For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 3

How should I get Passport MRZ code by api?

As title, and a step further, is there any api to verify passport?
like now only can see the mrz code and click verify button on the TR panel
is there any api to at least get mrz code? thanks

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.2k 8 5 6

@corey

Kindly note the audit event "VerifyPassportAuditDetails" has still not been implemented completely in the API yet. No doubt the API doc mentioned this audit event but it has not been implemented.

It is because the passport check functionality is not live yet.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

@corey

We do not have an API endpoint to return the MRZ code of a passport.

At this endpoint, the API is only capable of receiving the passport details and processing them. The result, i.e, the MRZ code is not returned in the JSON response at the moment and can only be seen in the UI, as you have mentioned.

So if you would like to send the passport details using the API and view the result of passport check in UI, you can use the endpoint "SEQ-screen-sync: Perform Synchronous Screening" for this.

Kindly let me know if this suits your use case.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 1 3

Thanks for replying, but I found in the API document, there is actually a mrzLine1 under VerifyPassportAuditDetails, does it mean I should be able to see that audit event after I click the verify button for the passport MRZ check via this api POST /cases/{caseSystemId}/auditEvents?
I try to get the audit event but still no luck to see any mrz there, is it correct to get VerifyPassportAuditDetails through that api?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 1 3

Okay noted, Is there an estimated time when this would go live? or are there any plans to implement this in the near future?

icon clock
10 |1500

@corey Yes, we have a plan to roll this out as a feature. However, we do not have an ETA on when this will be completed.

Upvotes
1 2 1 3
Hi, can I check if this Passport Check feature has been updated and implemented in your APIs? Checking back 1 year+ after.
icon clock
10 |1500

We are retrieving the lines from the /cases/{ {case-system-id}}/auditEvents with AuditEventActionType equals to VERIFY_PASSPORT_DETAILS. It requires RESULT type added in AuditEntityType though.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.