question

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

Can't connect with DSWS for Python 3.6

I'm attempting to connect to Datastream through DSWS for Python (getting a token). I use the code:

import DatastreamDSWS as DSWS

ds=DSWS.Datastream(username='ZXXXXXX',password='XXXXXX')

but I receive the following error message:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='product.datastream.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /DSWSClient/V1/DSService.svc/rest/GetToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0000024E16124908>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond',))

I have checked with the helpdesk that I do indeed have access to the service (and Datastream works in Excel), and my IT department insists a proxy is not needed. I have also tried both my own user credentials, and my employer's.

pythondatastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
446 2 2 2

Hi

It looks like your ID is blocked (too many incorrect password attempts) - please contact the helpdesk to get this reset. https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/signin.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Paul - unfortunately this does not seem to be the answer, though. I just received a reset password, and tried it just now. The error message is still the same:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\DatastreamDSWS\DS_Response.py", line 224, in _get_token

proxies={"http":self.proxy}, verify=requests.certs.where()).json()

File "C:\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 112, in post

return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='product.datastream.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /DSWSClient/V1/DSService.svc/rest/GetToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0000024E164BB4A8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond',))

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi, have you just tried to install the new library, or was this working previously?

icon clock
10 |1500

This is the first time I'm trying the new library.

My employer seems to think I should be using a common log-in ID and password for our firm (they call it the API ID and password) - but I have tried that as well, and I receive the very same error message.

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi, There is no common login for access to DSWS. You can access through your Datastream Child ID, or your EIKON login credentials.

icon clock
10 |1500

OK, thanks. I have also tried my own log-in credentials for Datastream (child ID beginning with Z), and with my Eikon log-in, but it doesn't work. The initial suggestion of resetting the password has now been tried as well - would you be able to provide some further assistance, please?

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi,

My email is james.bright@refinitiv,com, telephone 020 75421954

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

This would need to be answered by the originator of the question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.