question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 2

How to request for TICKER symbol as part of response for delayed quote request in EMA Java API?

I am calling TREP EMA API to get option chain for a given underlying security by passing RIC code of the underlying security (Ex: "0#IBM*.U for IBM chain). On the chain response, I am getting all constituents as a list with RIC code of each constituent. Then I am making a second batch call to TREP to get specific fields like strike price, bid, ask etc. for all of the chain constituents. My requirement is to get the TICKER symbol of the option as part of this batch response. Is there a way to request for TICKER symbol along with strike price, bid an ask for each of the option securities?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrepema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

You can use the fields: BKGD_REF, MNEMONIC and PROV_SYMB to get the ticker symbol. See the field definitions file or use Data Model Discovery tool from the developers portal.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @Sreedhar.Kankanala, the name of the instrument you subscribed to is available in the name method on the refresh or update object in the callback.

E.g:

public void onRefreshMsg(RefreshMsg refreshMsg, OmmConsumerEvent event)	{
  if (refreshMsg.hasName())
    System.out.println("Item Name: " + refreshMsg.name());

returns:

Item Name: IBMA102011500.U

Is this what you are looking for?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 2

Hi @Gurpreet, Thanks for the update, but if I understand correctly IBMA102011500.U is the RIC code of this Option security right? I need to get the TICKER symbol of the Option security. Is there a field within the response that gives me the ticker symbol?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Yes, the IBMA102011500.U is the RIC or ticker for this Option security. If you want to get the underlying security, try FID 1026, or 3814.

FieldEntry fid="1026" name="STOCK_RIC" dataType="Ascii" value="IBM"
FieldEntry fid="3814" name="UNDERLYING" dataType="Ascii" value="IBM"

For content questions, please raise a Content query from MyRefinitiv. Select 'I need help understanding content within the product' and appropriate product e.g. 'Thomson Reuters Elektron Real-Time'.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 2

My requirement is to get TICKER symbol of the Option itself (not for the underlying security). I thought RIC code and TICKER are two different identifiers. Is that not true?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.