question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Pull data from datastream

I'm trying to pull data from datastream into Python. I can do it successfully using the eikon.get_data package and using the data identifiers from the Eikon platform. However, there are data (e.g. I/B/E/S indices) that can't be accessed from the Reuters platform, but can from Refinitiv Datastream in Excel. Could you please let me know if there is a way to get the exact same data I can get through datastream in excel in Python? thanks a lot for the help

pythonrdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformdatastream-apifields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

FYI I have tried with pydatastream and DatastreamDSWS but I can't connect to my account with my logins credentials. Any idea on how this should be set up?

Error received:

_get_token : Exception Occured

(<class 'requests.exceptions.ConnectionError'>, ConnectionError(MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='product.datastream.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /DSWSClient/V1/DSService.svc/rest/GetToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x000000000E6FA080>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed'))")), <traceback object at 0x0000000002254408>)

None

Hello @cecilia.mariotti

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@cecilia.mariotti

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@cecilia.mariotti

The connection error looks similar to this question. You may need to set the http_proxy or https_proxy environment variables.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.