Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 1 0

Eikon API: filing or document information from API

Hi,

We want to get the information we can see in Eikon Web for filings. (see attached image with marked columns).

We want to get the list of filing and the date/name/language/url.

Any idea how can we do this with Eikon?

It looks like fields might be the following ones, but we would need to get the list first:

TR.NIDocCntrlType - Document Control Type - document type for the related document control number (dcn) of the prospectus/filing, based on Thomson Research; eg: 8-K, S-3 etc
TR.NIDocCntrlFilingId - Document Control Filing ID - document control filings perm ID for the related document control number (dcn) filings data
TR.NIDocCntrlNumber - Document Control Number (dcn) of the prospectus/filing
TR.LNDocumentControlNumber - Document Control Number (dcn) - Internal source ID for filings/prospectus
TR.NISourceLink - Source Link - http link source of document
TR.NISourceBeginDate - Source begin date - date of source document

Many thanks in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
image-4.png (114.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@sara.diez

I'm afraid filings or any data that you see in the screenshot you provided are not currently available through any Eikon APIs. The field names you quoted such as TR.NIDocCntrlType have no relation to filings you see in the screenshot. These fields are related to new issues category (this is what "NI" in the field name stands for), which is a part of the Deals database that contains data on M&A deals, new securities issues etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @sara.diez

I try to locate the fields but unsuccessful.

I would suggest that you contact the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk(at https://my.refinitiv.com/) to try to retrieve the information you are looking for on Eikon Excel with =TR function.

Then you can replicate that on the Eikon Data API(Python) using the same identifiers and fields.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 2

Hi @sara.diez , I am facing the exact same issue, any chance you might share how you solved the issue?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.