question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

How to open chains with EMA?.

Hello,

I would like to open chains with krogerfeedback talktosonic talktowendys EMA Java, but it seems that EMA doesn’t provide this feature natively so I’ll have to implement that myself.

I think I understand the basic structure of these linked instruments but I have some unknowns and I’ve found nothing in the doc to help me. For example:

• How do I know that an RIC is a chain? Can I just verify if it starts with "0#"?
  • Can chains be updated? Can I assume the LONGNEXT_LR fields will never change?

thanks

iosman

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ios

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@ios

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @ios

One possible solution to know if an RIC is a chain is to check if there is REF_COUNT field. Every chain RIC contains the REF_COUNT field which specifies how many elements are listed in the Chain Record.

Chains can be updated. Please refer to Simple Chain Objects for EMA - Part 1 which explains this and the other details about chain. You can also find EMA Java source code to expand chain in Simple Chain Objects for EMA - Part 2

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

How can I access the article Simple Chain Objects for EMA - Part 1 ? I got an error.

Hello @Sergey Emantayev

What was the error did you get?

Can you try to access it again?, https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/simple-chain-objects-ema-part-1

I can access it without any error.

I get following error:

error1.png (10.9 KiB)
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.