Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

I am getting the error mentioned below when I try to extract ticker price data for a scrip from Eikon

The error is

EikonError: Error code 404 | Client Error: <!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en">

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>Error</title>

</head>

<body>

<pre>Cannot POST /api/v1/data</pre>

</body>

</html>

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirdp-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS only>

User is using info@bajajconsultants.com Eikon account

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @kaustubh

I just checked and found out that you are using Eikon Core variant.

This Eikon tier does not include API feature.

Please contact your account manager to discuss the product tier.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

I have successfully created an application key from the eikon app on desktop.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

hi @kaustubh thanks for your question - I can't see the API call you are trying I am assuming its a get_timeseries - but please follow the advice on this post regarding troubleshooting. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1
Yes I am using get_timeseries. I have tried the methods mentioned on the link. Still not able to resolve. Can you check if I have access to eikon API?
icon clock
10 |1500

what eikon variant are you using?

Eikon 4.0

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

I am unable to locate APIProxy in the file opened. What is the solution for that?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@kaustubh the API Proxy is built into the Eikon terminal - we are just trying to check whether your Eikon terminal can access the Eikon Data API. (Eikon Core and Eikon for Exchanges variants do not have access to the Eikon Data API) - is the subscription the same email address as the one you used to register on this portal?

icon clock
10 |1500

@kaustubh I have deleted your email as you shouldn't post email address to a public forum. We are checking.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

ok thanks for the support

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.