For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Realtime data using Websockets data

Hi

I read around and my understanding is data over Websockets is 'conflated'. Is there some definition of what that is? My understanding is its not per tick.

I'm testing it with BTC= (given its the weekend) and I notice on the Eikon terminal I get more updates (1 every 2 or 3 seconds?) than I do via the Elektron websockets python example (1 every 15~ seconds?).

My question was can I get the access token via the Elektron in Cloud Websockets API then use those tokens to login with the Elektron SDK to the Elektron in Cloud API server? Do I have to have the server installed on my localhost.

Apologies as I'm a bit new to Refinitv and don't quite understand.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkwebsockets
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.3k 53 17 14

Hello @tp_x930

Regarding the ERT in Cloud conflation, please see the answer and explanation in this WebSocket API - understanding Conflation conversation thread.

The Elektron SDK (ESDK) Java and C++ editions also support the ERT in Cloud. You do not need to manual get access_token from RDP REST API or WebSocket API, the API manage that process for you. Please file more detail in the following quick start pages:

Additionally, Refinitiv has provide a ready to use AWS EC2 that contain all ERT in Cloud example for you, please see more detail in this article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.