question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 4 4 11

What updatetype should I be expecting for data updates from exchanges?

For example if I subscribe to <VOD.L>, <HSBAl.BS>, <C>, etc. What updatetypes will I be getting?

I am aware that QUOTE, TRADE, QUOTES_TRADE, CORRECTION can appear. What about the others update types ?

INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_UNSPECIFIED = 0; /*!< Not specified */
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_QUOTE = 1; /*!< Quote */
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_TRADE = 2; /*!< Trade */
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_NEWS_ALERT = 3; /*!< News Alert */
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_VOLUME_ALERT = 4; /*!< Volume Alert */
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_ORDER_INDICATION = 5; /*!< Order Indication */
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_CLOSING_RUN = 6; /*!< Closing Run */
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_CORRECTION = 7; /*!< Correction */
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_MARKET_DIGEST = 8; /*!< Official information from the
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_QUOTES_TRADE = 9; /*!< One or more conflated quotes
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_MULTIPLE = 10; /*!< Update with other filtering and conflation applied */
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_VERIFY = 11; /*!< Fields may have changed

Regards

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apiupdate-message
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @otto.to.1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @otto.to.1,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @otto.to.1

The Update Event Type is based on each exchange and each feed. It can be different type based on each data feed and exchange.You may receive only a few types from the exchanges and feed you are subscribing.

You can find more detail about the Update Event Type description in Appendix A of ETA RDM Usage Guide document. The ETA C++ RDM Usage Guide contains the following detail.

If you are looking for the Java SDK, please refer to an answer in this post.

eta-c.png (119.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

If a certain exchange publishes an update that contains both quote & trade, will Elektron split this into two messages? One for quote and the other for trade. Or just send a message with the update type as

INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_QUOTES_TRADE ?

Hello @otto.to.1

It is depending on how the Elektron will handle it, the API just receive data and pass it to the application as is. I strongly suggest you verify this content behavior with the Elektron content support team via http://my.refinitiv.com/

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.