Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
75 4 5 6

Retrieve type (e.g. fund or stock) of RIC in Thomson Reuters Eikon API

Hello,

i have managed to retrieve a Pandas Dataframe, which includes all the RICs from "stocks" traded on exchanges of a specific country. The code I have used was taken from this post in the Eikon Community Forum. However, I have two follow up questions:

1. Since the request also includes ETFs, I am curious how to request the "type" (fund or stock) of a RIC?

2. Is it somehow possible, to get the "main exchange" of a RIC or a Company Name? So the exchange where most of the stocks are traded?

Thank you in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricsexchanges
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@pfarrer.braun Please see code below:

df, err = ek.get_data(['VOD.L','QQQ.N'],['TR.CommonName','TR.PrimaryQuote','TR.InstrumentType','TR.ShortExchangeName'])

df  

Now where thee primary RIC is different from the RICs you have you need to check the exchange for that primary RIC. You can use the Data Item Browser App (type DIB into eikon search bar to see what fields are available for any RIC. Its a very useful tool to navigate our content. I hope this can help.

1604592173786.png (34.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.