Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 3 3 3

Date for total revenue

When retrieving the total revenue via the Eikon API Proxy (Mac), the API doesn't return any date for total revenues of companies that have no data in the financial tab in the Eikon webtool.

I retrieve the total revenue via TR.PCTotRevenueFromBizActv(Period=FY0) & the date via TR.PCTotRevenueFromBizActv.date (timestamp) and TR.PCTotRevenueFromBizActv.periodenddate (date).

I use the eikon python library to retrieve the data:

ret, err = ek.get_data([str(i) for i in instrument_ids], search_params, {})

It seems logical that every total revenue should have a date attached to it. Is there any way to retrieve the dates or do they not exist for all companies without data in the financial tab in the Eikon webtool.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatadate
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @christoph.b,

It may be helpful to give an example of an instrument, and also the rest of the query, so we can run the same on our side, to verify the result received.

The result of Eikon DAPI request does not depend on the API Proxy access, Windows vs Mac, rathern if the content set is available via API, which we may be able to confirm by running the same request,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@christoph.b

For this issue, you can directly contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitiv and ask for the =TR formula which can be used in Eikon Excel to retrieve the required data.

If the =TR formula is available to retrieve the data, then we can apply it to the get_data method in Eikon Data API.

1608093327160.png (33.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @christoph.b

I do not have Mac to test the proxy.

I can get the data fields in your question with Eikon Desktop(Window).

Please try this code:

If the same code does not work on Eikon Data API Proxy(Mac), please try it on Eikon Web >> Codebook.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/use-eikon-data-api-or-rdp-library-python-codebook-web-browser

If it does work on Eikon Web >> Codebook but does not work with Eikon Data API Proxy(Mac), you can submit a ticket to Refinitiv Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.png (17.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 3 3 3
Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

thank you for your answer. I'm able to retrieve the periodenddate as well. The issue is the following:

Companies A) Here are 5 companies with data in the financial tab: 4295881204, 4295881776, 5000589792, 4295912296, 4295859347

Companies B) Here are 5 companies with no data in the financial tab but a total revenue figure: 5034815127, 4298109401, 5071362237, 5037852035, 5044730724

For companies A, I'm able to retrieve the period end data due, likely to the fact that the financial data in the financial tab of the webtool is dated and the last revenue figure plus it's period end data is used as total revenue in the overview.

For companies B, I'm able to retrieve the total revenue, but not the period end date of the total revenue. Likely this data point doesn't exist. Can you confirm that or do can I retrieve the period end date of the total revenue for companies which have no financials tab in the webtool using some other query?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @chavalit.jintamalit,

Could you please look at the follow-up questions?

Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.