question

Upvote
Accepted
16 4 9 10

EMA Límit API Subscribe Rics

Hello,

Recently we are working with a support team with Refinitv, they provide us a configuration to our TREP Server, gave permissions to ILA and licences, to subscribe at least 25, 000 Rics, everything is set tup to handle with this subscription. But when we subscribe in a batch more than 6000 instrument we got the following error.

error open item Failed to rsslElementEntry.encode() while encoding rssl elementlist. Reason='INVALID_DATA'.

I am wondering if exists a path to avoid this limitation with EMA or if exists any other connector like RFA to handle at least with 19 thousand rics.

Thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrepema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @isanchez

There is a 65535 byte limit on the size of the ElementList entry that is used when making the Batch request. - therefore you will need to split your request into multiple batches - each being less than 64KB. Depending on the average size of your RIC codes, this could be anywhere between 3k-6k RICs per batch.

Personally, I would just request each instrument individually - in a loop with some throttling/pacing of the request - e.g. send a thousand, pause a moment and send some more..NOTE - this is a personal choice as I don't like the added complication of ensuring each of my batches is less than 64KB

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.