question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 5

How to find out what service my client Id is for and how to find sample code to test it?

I was given some username, password, and clientId, I want to find out what service they are for, like Ema , or Eta or whatever, and some sample code to test it?

I've downloaded Real-Time-SDK from github, and built it, I tried with sample under this folder:
Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/Consumer

But none of them works, do I need to change EmaConfig.xml to make it work? how to do it?

I am having a very bad experience with TR's support team, very slow, and I was pushed to different team for the past three weeks, and my problem still not resolved. very sad.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apic++linux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jxu2

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@jxu2

When you test the example please ensure that you copy required libraries as stated in the Quick Start Guide and copy the original EmaConfig.xml from folder "<RTSDK-2.x folder>\Cpp-C\Ema"

With the latest version of RTSDK, example 113 will use "Consumer_4" which already configured to use "Channel_4" as below configuration.

<Channel>
            <Name value="Channel_4"/>
            <ChannelType value="ChannelType::RSSL_ENCRYPTED"/>
            <CompressionType value="CompressionType::None"/>
            <GuaranteedOutputBuffers value="5000"/>
            <!-- EMA discovers a host and a port from RDP service discovery for the specified location 
                when both of them are not set and the session management is enable. -->
            <Location value="us-east"/>
            <EnableSessionManagement value="1"/>
            <EncryptedProtocolType value="EncryptedProtocolType::RSSL_SOCKET"/>
            <!-- ObjectName is optional: defaulted to ""                                                -->
            <ObjectName value=""/>
        </Channel>

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@jxu2

You can follow the steps from the Quick Start guide with the username, password, and client id. It uses 113_MP_SessionMgmt(RTSDK2.x) example under folder 100_Series to connecting to the service on the cloud.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @jxu2

Please note that Refinitiv also provides EC2 AMI that contains ready to use examples (including RTSDK C++ example) for Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized (formerly known as ERT in Cloud).

You can follow a step by step guide in this article.

aws-4.png (107.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.