question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

Example queries using "OR" and "AND" in discovery/symbology/v1/lookup API

Hi Refinitiv team,
I cannot find examples for usage of "OR" or "AND" in symbology/lookup API. Can we have some examples of how to construct a query using the "OR" or "AND" operator (symbology_user_guide.pdf, page 14).
What I try to accomplish is the same as what I get with this PermID request:
https://api-eit.refinitiv.com/permid/search?entityType=quote&q=ticker:CRG%20AND%20mic:XDUB&format=json&num=100&access-token=<TOKEN>
, that is to be able to send ticker (ExchangeTicker) and Exchange MIC in lookup request and get RIC as an answer.

rdp-apiricssearchsymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

Hi dragan.vasic

A typical 'AND' (intersection) query in this case would have been: AND [ticker -to- Ric + Mic -to- Ric].

However we are currently restricting Mic to Ric queries because they are too broad.

So we could use the following two queries in this case : (1) A pre-defined AND query from ticker + mic to Org (2) We then use this org id to navigate from Org to its Ric using an auto query

These are the queries below:

Query 1

{

"from": [

{

"values": [

{

"ExchangeTicker": "CRG",

"Mic": "XDUB"

}

]

}

],

"type": "predefined",

"route": "ExchangeTickerMicToOrganization"

}

Query 2

{

"from": [

{

"identifierTypes": ["Permid"],

"objectTypes": ["Organization"],

"values": ["4295874867"]

}

],

"type": "auto",

"to": [

{

"identifierTypes": ["ric"]

}

]

}

Does this help?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.