question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 3 6 9

How to Pause & Resume items

Hi,

i'm trying to implement pause and resume on single requested items.

Wich of the attributes other than the ".pause(true)" is required for the RequestMsg.

How to Resume ".pause(false)" or use ".interestAfterRefresh(true).

Sample 350 of ema shows only to pause all interest by pausing the login.

How can I query the information about, if connected infrastruture supports this feature, because OmmConsumer dos not make the content (supported fetures) of the login response transparent.

Kind regards

Reinhold Blank

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Reinhold.Blank

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @Reinhold.Blank

Awaiting your response?

Regards,

AHS

@Reinhold.Blank

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Reinhold.Blank

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

In the sample, the code for first pause on login-handle actually was commented out. To pause an item, application needs to call reissue with an item's handle. The item's handle typically is returned from registerClient. Application can use it to pause the item instead of retrieving it from update-event.

Anyway, can the application work with pause all? Could you provide the Ema trace file for the item pause? To enable the Ema trace file, please add the XmlTraceToFile parameter in the EmaConfig.xml.

<ChannelGroup>
 <ChannelList>
   <Channel>
    <XmlTraceToFile value="1"/>
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Reinhold.Blank

Please see the following post on details of how to pause individual items

Market Price pause for individual items

With regards accessing Login Response content please refer to the 'example 330 Login Streaming' that comes with the EMA package which opens a login stream and then outputs the response message.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 3 6 9

Hi,

thanks for the answer. I still know this article. But the sample also shows pause and resume for any interest by login-handle. I checked the responce of the directory request, and I found out, that the source does not support extended pause/resume. May this the reason, that it not work on individual (single or batch) items.

regards

Reinhold

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 3 6 9

Ok,

this sample is a little bit confusing, becasuse thes try first pause on login-handle, and then pause on individulal item by item-handle from update-event.

"_pOmmConsumer->reissue( ReqMsg().domainType( MMT_MARKET_PRICE ).initialImage( false ).pause( true ).name( "JPY=" ), ommEvent.getHandle() );"

I tried this in this way, but it still not works.
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 3 6 9

Thank for support, but I don't want to spend more time to solve this, because our technicans told me, that (extended) pause and resume is not suported on our TREP-Environment

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.