question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 2 5 12

Better way to build a database of Snapshot values for a list of RICs using EMA api

Hi,

I have a requirement that I need to create a database of snapshot values for a list of RICs in a given interval say 15 minutes.

I have the below code that runs for every 15 minutes and it did the job.

OmmConsumer consumer = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(config);
ElementList ricBatch = EmaFactory.createElementList();
ricBatch.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_BATCH_ITEM_LIST, ommArray));

//Specify Dynamic view of fields
ricBatch.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().uintValue(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_TYPE, 1));
ricBatch.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_DATA, fields));

ReqMsg ricReqMsg = EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName(adsService).payload(ricBatch) .interestAfterRefresh(false);
consumer.registerClient(ricReqMsg, this);
//wait for snapshot request to be fulfilled
consumer.uninitialize();

Obviously I see that EMA API creates a new consumer thread with new ads connection for each of the snapshot call.

Is there a better do this , that optimized the resources and reuses the connection to ADS server ?

Thanks in advance

Mani

refinitiv-realtimeema-apijavasnapshot-pricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Mani.A

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@Mani.A

Instead of creating a new OMMConsumer every 15 minutes, you can reuse it.

You can create an OMMConsumer when the program starts.

OmmConsumer consumer = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(config);

Then, call the consumer.uninitialize() method when the program exits.

consumer.uninitialize();

Next, call the consumer.registerClient(ricReqMsg, this) method every interval to get snapshots.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Mani.A

Also, just to be clear - you don't need to create a separate OmmConsume for each ReqMsg that you register - same OMMConsumer instance can be used to make multiple batch requests if required.

I only mentioned this because I have come across a few developers who did not realise this and were creating an OmmConsumer for each batch request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
15 2 5 12

Thanks @Jirapongse and @umer.nalla

It worked. Earlier I tried reusing the OmmConsumer but made a mistake calling the OmmConsumer.uninitialize() at the end of each iteration instead of at the end of the program.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.