question

Upvote
Accepted
95 7 13 25

Legacy APIs and protocols - dismission plans

Hi all,

this is an old and recurring question (sorry for that, I just need to double-check).

What is the current status in terms of support for the legacy protocol SSL/MarketFeed, and for the legacy APIs SFC C++ and RFA C++? Are those technologies going to be dismissed anytime soon?

From the most recent API compatibility Matrix, I can see that they are marked as legacy, but they are still supported.

Also, there's no current obsolescence plan for them, but only a recommendation to migrate to strategic APIs, like EMA, or ETA.

Do you confirm my findings?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Paolo

#productema-apirfasfceollegacy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
206 1 0 1

Hello @Paolo Parlapiano

Your conclusion is correct; the legacy APIs are fully supported for now, however we strongly recommend that you migrate to strategic APIs.

As a heads up there will be an End-of-life notification that will be released end-March 2023 that will announce that these APIs will be eol'd in 3 years time.

1. SFC (C++, COM, java)
  2. RFA 7.x (C++, Java)
  3. Marketfeed / SSL
  4. Legacy Protocol convertor ( MF-OMM conversion and vice-versa)

Please see migration guide at : https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/legacy-api-migration

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you @tirthankar.bhaumik18, for the detailed answer.

Regards,

Paolo

Hi @tirthankar.bhaumik18,

apologies, I need to make a further question about this.

I've got to know that some clients have been advised that the legacy Protocols will be removed from the RTDS/TREP environment from July 2023.

This seems to be a bit discordant with the statement "these APIs will be eol'd in 3 years time".

I guess that July 2023 is to be intended as the beginning of the removal process, which I expect will be done only after all the applications of the platform have been migrated (and in this case, the 3-years EOL applies as a safety measure), but I really appreciate confirmation or clarification from you about this.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Paolo

Upvotes
206 1 0 1

Hi @Paolo Parlapiano

That information is incorrect.

Legacy APIs 3 year EOL notice goes out March 2023; so no support from end Feb 2026.

RTDS (formerly TREP) have announced a rolling obsolescence plan to encourage customers to upgrade to newer versions. As per this plan their will a supported RTDS version with Marketfeed/SSL support until 31 Sep 2028.

So customers who could not migrate from legacy by Feb 2026, will have another 30 months to migrate. (The legacy APIs will be unsupported those 30 months but continue to work)

The combined legacy API EOL and RTDS rolling obsolescence plan will be presented to customers in a January Webinar. Please look out for an invite.

Also the date above may move by some months but the overall plan will remain the same.

Kind Regards

Tirthankar

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for confirming.

Best Regards,

Paolo

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.