question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 4

Search PermID via ISIN or SEDOL

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to search using the Record Matching Open PermID API using ISIN and SEDOL.

Currently it seems like you support only company name, website, ticker, country etc.. but you do not allow matching via ISIN and SEDOL.

Is there a way around it? Or another API that finds PermID via ISIN or SEDOL? Thank you in advance.

Paolo

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apirest-apiopen-permid-apiisinrecord-matching-apisedol
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

Yes, you are correct. It doesn't support ISIN or SEDOL. If I define ISIN code in the Standard Identifier field, it will return the following response:

"outputContentResponse": [
    {
      "ProcessingStatus": "ERROR: Row Num 2, Cause - Composite field [standard identifier] should be in format: '<key1>:<value1>|<key2>:<value2>...'. Relevant keys are [[VEID, CIDGEN, CIK, MXID, RCPID, WorldScopeCompanyID, WorldScopeCompanyPermID, RIC, Ilx, Datastream_Mnemonic, Ticker]]. Original Row: 1,ISIN:US0378331005,,,,,,,",
      "Match Level": "No Match",
      "Original Row Number": "2"
    }
  ]

The response states that it doesn't support ISIN or SEDOL.

You may use other APIs, such as TRTH or DSS to convert ISIN or SEDOL to RIC and then use OpenPermID API to find the PermID. Otherwise, you can other fields, such as company name to search.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you. I was hoping there was a more direct way, but I'll try the other APIs. In particular, I found also the EIKON API to be potentially useful. Unfortunately the python bindings are just in early access phase. Do you have a timeline for that?

Contacted Laurent Lefevre for the timeline.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.