Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 3

Is there an API for get data tables from Ric Search?

Is there an API, library or any function that can be used for get data tables, especially for economic indicators data from Ric Search Tool https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/tools-catalog/ric-search# in Python? If it is, can you give an example code?

python#productpython apiricsrefinitiv-data-platform-librariessearcheconomic-dataapi-key
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Workspace.035

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
14.1k 30 5 10

Hi @Workspace.035 ,

Have you tried the search function in RD library, an example code can be found here

for example,

import refinitiv.data as rd

rd.open_session()

rd.discovery.search(
    view = rd.discovery.Views.EQUITY_QUOTES,
    top = 10,
    filter = "( SearchAllCategoryv2 eq 'Equities' and (AvgVol5D gt 2000000 and ExchangeName xeq 'NYSE Consolidated'))",
    select = "RIC"
)

1678956426678.png

1678956426678.png (4.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.1k 30 5 10

Hi @Workspace.035 ,

Could you please let me know which Refinitiv's API you have an access to, such as Eikon Data API, and Refinitiv Data Library (RD Library). So I could suggest and/or provide an example code.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
14.1k 30 5 10

Hi @Workspace.035 ,

Plus, I'd like to introduce you to the articles below that demonstrate how to retrieve Economic indicators data with Eikon Data API

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 3

Thanks @raksina.samasiri for the articles. My Refinitiv API is an Eikon Data API and the libraries that I have are eikon, refinitiv.data and refinitiv.data.content, I just installed the with pip install function so I don´t know if I need another things to make it work.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.