Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How do I use ORGSRCH function in Eikon API (Python)?

I am using Eikon API in Python. I want to find the universe of listed and delisted companies in Brazilian market for a very long time. Asking for content support, I was directed to use the function ORGSRCH in the platform. I was not able to find any information about how to transpose the function ORGSRCH to the API. Is it possible?

#technologyapidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
6.5k 21 3 6

Hi @biblioteca01, I'd advise using Search as per this article: https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/building-search-into-your-application-workflow

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session(config_name="C:\\Example.DataLibrary.Python-main\\Configuration\\refinitiv-data.config.json")
rd.open_session("platform.rdp")
from refinitiv.data.content import search

delisted_equ = search.Definition(
    view=search.Views.SEARCH_ALL,  # for info on `SearchViews`, you can use `help(search.SearchViews)`
    filter="IsExchangeListed eq false and CountryName eq 'Brazil'",
    select='DocumentTitle, RIC, IsExchangeListed, Country',
    # top = 100
).get_data()
delisted_equ_search_df = delisted_equ.data.df

1680772549914.png

1680772549914.png (36.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
6.5k 21 3 6

Hi @biblioteca01, I believe that the ORGSRCH is a 'GUI-only' accessible feature. However, you can use the Search API and Screener API (which you can use with RD as shown here). Do they meet your needs?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @jonathan.legrand, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I am not able to find delisted companies in the Screener API:imagem-2023-04-05-140138824.png

I need to include delisted companies when analyzing the past to avoid survivor-bias. With ORGSRCH, I can do find these companies.

If you know another way to map these companies whithin the API, the help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.