question

Upvotes
Accepted
48 3 12 11

How do the alert pages sequencing work - I'd like to subscribe to ALERUX pages with EMA API?

I noticed last week that refinitiv publish alerts on pages RSF.ALERU1, ALERU2 ALERU3 etc. How/what can I programatically subscribe to so I get the latest alerts as ticks on my EMA app?

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikontrep#technologyema-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<Private post>

Please be informed that this question has been moved to EMA forum from Eikon Data APIs forum

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @duncan_kerr ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@duncan_kerr

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @duncan_kerr,

You can subscribe to the alert RIC using EMA, just like any other instrument. The data is returned in the ROW80_xx fields, and the updates will be published as the alerts get generated or cleared. There is no paging of these pages. I found that ALERU1 - ALERU90 are all valid RICs and represent different asset class. So your application should subscribe to the alerts that are relevant to your data type. Here is a sample response from ALERU1:

"ROW80_1":"                 SERVICE ALERTS FOR INFORMATION PRODUCTS                  ALERU1",
"ROW80_10":"update is at 06:00 GMT on 04-Jul-23.                                            ",
"ROW80_11":"                                                                                ",
"ROW80_12":"Incident Summary:                                                               ",
"ROW80_13":"Quote data between day session end and night session open on Osaka Exchange Day ",
"ROW80_14":"Session RICs and Night Session RICs is suspect.                                 ",
"ROW80_15":"Customers are requested to refer to Whole Session RICs.                         ",
"ROW80_16":"                                                                                ",
"ROW80_17":"This is due to software deficiency.                                             ",
"ROW80_18":"This issue affects the customers globally.                                      ",
"ROW80_19":"                                                                                ",
"ROW80_2":"                                                                                ",
"ROW80_20":"Affected Asset Class: Derivatives                                               ",
"ROW80_21":"Affected Products: Refinitiv Eikon, Refinitiv Workspace and Refinitiv Tick      ",
"ROW80_22":"History                                                                         ",
"ROW80_23":"                                                                                ",
"ROW80_24":"For full details, click https://refini.tv/413zFUY                               ",
"ROW80_25":"                                                                                ",
"ROW80_3":"Osaka Exchange Day Session &  Night Session RICs        ALERT STATUS = Confirmed",
"ROW80_4":"                         Checkpoints (All Times are GMT)                        ",
"ROW80_5":"                                       Outage Start:           06:00 30 Mar 2023",
"ROW80_6":"  First Reported:  11:46 12 Apr 2023   Last Updated:           06:28 28 Apr 2023",
"ROW80_7":"  Next Update:     06:00 30 May 2023   Estimated Resolution:   Not Yet Available",
"ROW80_8":"                                                                                ",
"ROW80_9":"Update 3 at 06:27 GMT: Refinitiv is working to resolve the issue. The next      ",
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
48 3 12 11

hi Gurpreet - is the allocation of pages to ALERU1 thru 90 documented anywhere? Im just trying to understand how to determine what's on each page and/or where to go for FX info (for example) without checking all 90 pages?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @duncan_kerr​,

I recommend opening a content ticket with Refinitiv helpdesk at my.refinitiv.com. A content expert will be able to advise which alerts page is relevant for your use case.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.